December 18, 201114 yr Author comment_572228 Sounds like too much effort to me hahaha. The exterior of this car looks professional, but it's almost all Mexican suspension-wise haha. Thanks for all the tips on that though. It's definitely going into the memory bank if I get really serious about it. At the moment, the suspension works. It's a bit rough but not intolerable. And handling - well anything smaller and lighter than a Commodore I consider to handle pretty well haha. I've got sports springs (not lowered or anything) in my daily commodore (yes, I know "ugggh Commodore wanker") but I'm not. Maybe you can tell from my typing capabilities? Report
December 19, 201114 yr Author comment_572351 Today was good progress! I spontaneously went to the wreckers to find something to do... came across a VL wagon with a full suspension setup. Newish gas shockers and low, sports springs. Surprisingly, there were no KE70s there.. No KE model anything actually. I set out to see if a fresh one had happened to come in, and if I was in super luck for a tacho dash, door rubbers and only if the gods were smiling on me... a 5 speed hahaa. You can guess what I helped myself to. Fitted, it was super easy. As soon as I unbolted the old shocks, one collapsed down - probably good I replaced them. They were marked 1997, hahaha. It was finally worthy of it's "low and slow" sticker... because it won't get much lower than that. Report
December 19, 201114 yr comment_572352 if you want to run xt130 struts use st141 wagon rear springs there tapered so you can use the ke70 strut tops i have them in mine and they seem to work well Report
December 19, 201114 yr Author comment_572408 Hmm, thanks. I'll keep that in mind too. I also totally forgot to mention. I painted the rear bumper today in that textured bumper paint to match the front. It looks brand new! Report
December 22, 201114 yr Author comment_572948 Went out today and took some photos with a mate that also has a corolla, 1989 Seca with a 4AGE Took them up the hills and through some gravel road - my suspension didn't like the 1 foot pot holes hahaha. It also had its first drift. I found a sweet gravel car park and did a few turns and figure eights and stuff. I've never really experimented with that before so that was heaps of fun. Here's some pictures we took today, hope you enjoy them. I actually had my SLR with me this time, no iPhone photos haha. Edited December 22, 201114 yr by Jrad Report
December 22, 201114 yr comment_573000 This looks very very cool Jarrad. Top Job. :y: Josh :cool: Report
December 23, 201114 yr Author comment_573082 Thanks guys - nice to finally get some decent photos of it. Love the wheels, Spencer! And Josh, I'm still keen to check out the Smurf, and possibly take it off your hands ;) Edited December 23, 201114 yr by Jrad Report
December 23, 201114 yr Author comment_573099 As does yours and you've got a really good base to start with. It looks really clean and low kms :) Report
December 23, 201114 yr comment_573101 And Josh, I'm still keen to check out the Smurf, and possibly take it off your hands ;) Will you be bringing this Rig when you do come around to look at it? Keen to see this beast in person. :) Josh :cool: Report
December 23, 201114 yr Author comment_573115 Nah, I probably won't be. It's a fairly decent trip from Lilydale and back. So we'll either go in my commodore or dad's Hilux. And hopefully drive home in a pano haha. Report
December 23, 201114 yr comment_573118 Nah, I probably won't be. It's a fairly decent trip from Lilydale and back. So we'll either go in my commodore or dad's Hilux. And hopefully drive home in a pano haha. Hahaha. Hopefully. As I said, this beast looks the goods. Hope to see it one day. :) Josh :cool: Report
January 5, 201214 yr Author comment_575608 Update! As you may have read correspondence between Josh and I, above. That didn't eventuate. I had a look at the car but it wasn't going to suit my ideas for application. BUT, in other news. I've purchased a 5k engine with a weber carby, and I'm in the process of organising some extractors for it. now looking to hunt down a K50 5-speed to complete the upgrade for it. :) more power to come! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now