1St Defect With My Ke20

BANZAI!!!

Members dont see this ad

My car is dodgy as but I've found that sticking around and being nice and polite stops them being defect Nazi's.

Its what i've always done.

The best one was late at night after i'd finished work. 75 in a 60 zone a car flashed me so i flashed the cop car back with the high beam and the six spot lights. Spotted them chuck a u-turn and so i made a bolt down a couple of side streets. Got pulled up and thats when i realized i didn't have any id at all. Had a good 30 minute or so chat with them and all i got was a "be careful who you flash next time."

They ddnt ask anyone to leave. I just left to prevent any further fines they can do me for.

Sorry "parrot" but what do u mean by RCA's?

Never leave your vehicle unless they ask you to. Sorry but its the worst thing you could have done.

Damn lucky they didn't leave a note on the ground where the car was.

RCA's

Roll Centre Adjusters

When I had my globes and they were scrubbing on the guards but I didnt have any time to fix it and they pinged me I just said ' Whoa bro thats bad thanks for showing me I would never of noticed' then had a conversation about how it could be happening and made her feel like she knew more than me about it. :fuzz:

Then got defected for my tints and the wheels scrubbing and they apologized about it and gave me a non monetary defect/fine and said I'm a nice guy. All I had to do was turn up at the cop shop sans tint and pretended I'd fixed the guards.

Plus she was smoking hot and I wanted her to take her time.

Edited by blzbub666

I recently went to my first JDM meet in Brisbane just recently and it is a very controlled event, considering it has no official organising committee etc. There were also police there and - being an import tuners gathering - there were obviously some very defectable cars! Because of the behaviour of the event, I think the police would almost encourage it, seeing as it is a great social event for people of the like! Now, the reason that you would have been picked on and defected, was because you put your defect on display (the steering wheel). The unlocked car fine would probably be the cheapest thing they could have given you. I'm sure if they wanted to ream you, they would. But seeing as you didn't have a go at them for doing their job, you got away with it pretty easily!

In essence, they didn't mind you bringing along your unroadworthy car, but as soon as you start making a display of it being unroadworthy, they wanted to warn other enthusiasts not to do the same. As the saying goes, "monkey see monkey do!"

ps. There is no excuse to have bald tyres. The money you spent on your new quick-release steering wheel should have been spent on some new tread. I've had bald tyres once and I'll never let it go that far again.

Edited by seabiscuit

The police were starting to issue fines to people at a certain shopping centre carpark in melbourne (think it might of been frankston lol) for not having their cars locked as they were getting too many reports from people having their cars 'broken' into and was creating too much paperwork for them. But surely they would have better things to do than walk around a carpark and handout fines!

But surely they would have better things to do than walk around a carpark and handout fines!

What, sit behind a bush and handout speeding tickets ?

Its part of their job, dude. And besides what would you sooner a fine or the insurance company laugh in your face when you tell them the car wasn't locked.

I recently went to my first JDM meet in Brisbane just recently and it is a very controlled event, considering it has no official organising committee etc. There were also police there and - being an import tuners gathering - there were obviously some very defectable cars! Because of the behaviour of the event, I think the police would almost encourage it, seeing as it is a great social event for people of the like! Now, the reason that you would have been picked on and defected, was because you put your defect on display (the steering wheel). The unlocked car fine would probably be the cheapest thing they could have given you. I'm sure if they wanted to ream you, they would. But seeing as you didn't have a go at them for doing their job, you got away with it pretty easily!

In essence, they didn't mind you bringing along your unroadworthy car, but as soon as you start making a display of it being unroadworthy, they wanted to warn other enthusiasts not to do the same. As the saying goes, "monkey see monkey do!"

ps. There is no excuse to have bald tyres. The money you spent on your new quick-release steering wheel should have been spent on some new tread. I've had bald tyres once and I'll never let it go that far again.

You will find that the JDMST Meets are organised accordingly by the same regional person, which I'm to believe is a photographer,

It is not openly discussed and is arranged a couple of hours before they are to meet in some instances and keep it relatively low key, it is generally created on other forums before it is gone openly

http://www.jdmstyletuning.com/