1St Defect With My Ke20

BANZAI!!!

Hey all, so I'm currently the new Proud owner of the ke20 that won 2009 corolla of the year. Yes the car is still around and going well, untill tonight.

Went to a local jdm car meet at rousehill. The night was goin great, until highway patrol showed up thanks to the security guards!..

As usual the car attracts attention specially the eyes of the police officer as he quickly noticed my steering wheel displayed on the dash That I put to show off the NRG quick release that I just installed. From there he took out the defect book and went over the car.

People around me told me to walk away from the car. So I did and returned an hour after to have my heart Broken when I saw the red sticker on my windscreen from a distance.

The Pig red labelled me for not 2 but 1 bald rear tyre when both are bald, steering wheel inoperable, insufficient ground clearance & get this, only fined me $88 for an unlocked/ unsecured vehicle.

The car was one of the nicest looking cars tonight but I felt soo small after being the only car defected and red labelled.

Soo many other cars could have got done real hard. Y didmine get picked on???!!

Thought I'd share this with y'all.

Cheers!

Members dont see this ad

Bro we all have dodgy cars. You were just unlucky. I would of stayed next to my car and had a chin wag with the 50

Cmon Reed not all of us, that would be annoying having a nice car only to be defected

Edited by NISROLA

Cmon Reed not all of us, that would be annoying having a nice car only to be defected

Bro if they wanted to we would all get stickered. They would find a way.

My car is dodgy as but I've found that sticking around and being nice and polite stops them being defect Nazi's.

But a quick release steering wheel and bald tires (esp on the rear puts you in the burnout category instantly) and then complaining?

Yes it sucks, yes I feel for you, but c'mon.

only fined me $88 for an unlocked/ unsecured vehicle.

WTF does that mean??

The public is not allowed to leave a vehicle unlocked? How crazy is that? Its got nothing to do with The State, its a private risk we take...

Are they doing you for leaving it unlocked after they orderd you away from it? That's even crazier !! You had the (apparently) best security in the Nation standing there looking over your car!

Still, I didn't vote for them...

WTF does that mean??

The public is not allowed to leave a vehicle unlocked? How crazy is that? Its got nothing to do with The State, its a private risk we take...

Yeah, bit silly but true. Its against the law to go further than 3 meters away from your unlocked car.

WarningWhat i may say may not be agreeable to some who may read this.

I worked with the cops for 11 1/2 years. I was not a cop, nore am i a cop and never will be one.

They have a thankless job that i would/could never do, but take the uniform off, and they are human like us. Not quite sure with highway guys, but with General Duties guys and gals, more so.

In a situation like what happened, the best thing to do is, if approached by one or more, don't act arrogant or smart with them. Treat them how you would like to be treated. Be courteous, be polite, respect the person, but don't make their job any tougher.

A number of times, probably 10 or more times, i had been pulled over in the past by Police Officers for speeding, knowingly driving a vehicle that is defective, etc. Each time i spoke to the officer with respect, and the usual yes sir, no sir, sorry sir, didnt know sir yadda yadda yadda and got away with it. If they say your tyres are bald, "sorry sir, i didnt know that, i will go home and change them/get new ones. Thank you for pointing that out"

The Police i used to work with were just plain old sick and tired of being first at a scene for fatalities/major injuries/reporting to families about little johnny being dead or badly injured.

Remember, there are always 2 sides to the coin mate.

Cheers

The purpose of any Govt is make every subject a criminal in one way or another, so they are guilty before the Govt of something... anything will do, so long as each person has something to hide and be afraid about.

So the easiest way is to pass thousands upon thousands of regulations covering every aspect of life so no-one can avoid them all, politicians and policemen included. I feel quite confident in saying it is not possible for any one person to know every law they live under, never mind obey them.

Why else was society functioning quite well a hundred years ago, yet there have been thousands of laws passed since then that have served no purpose except to make criminals of us all.

I'm an anachist! We just need agreed-upon rules, not agreed-upon rulers!

(anyway, a law about locking your car proves that the Police don't expect to be able to prevent it being stolen... what sort of a society is that??)

• Upvote 1