Smell Fuel After Accelerating?

haydoss

Hey guys.

Lately while driving, i've been smelling fuel inside my car. I've had a look in the engine bay and all the fuel lines look alright and i can't work out where it's coming from. I'm pretty sure it only happens when i accelerate heavily.. anyway, any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Hayden.

Members dont see this ad

Pretty sure there is no exhaust leak, i've been checking underneath the car recently and no fuel seems to be on the ground, nor in the engine bay. I haven't got the carbon canister? i think it is (the black circular thing) connected, should i put that back in? and yes i've got an air filter on the carby. Thanks for your reply Evan!

edit: and ae82!

Hopefully putting the canister back in will fix it, thanks for your help guys!

Edited by haydoss

I got the same problem as you but I know it is a exhaust leak , the leak is where the exhaust mainfold flanges onto the exhaust pipe.

I changed my intake/Exhaust gasket with a mate because we were convinced there was a leak between the head and the exhaust mainfold. After changing it we started it up and it was still there!! We had given up for the day when my mate's dad walked up and dignosed the leak in a matter of minutes with some jedi magic he taught us. Get a small pipe/tube thats no bigger than a pencil, and but 1 end near your ear and the other is used to scan for the leak around the exhaust flange etc, you'll find a common noise while moving around the exhaust but once you go over the leak the noise is multiplyed by X5.

Still havent fixed it cause I love getting off my face after driving for 15 minutes.