The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Anybody going to Matsuri at QR?

I'm going to head out there on saturday, catch a few passenger rides with some mates hopefully. and ill take the camera for a few happy snaps.

you gonna head out Rian?

Yeeeeeaaaaaah dude, wouldn't miss it.

Apparently its expected to rain. Which I wouldn't mind because the sun was killer last time, well killed Rian haha

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Members dont see this ad

I'm going to head out there on saturday, catch a few passenger rides with some mates hopefully. and ill take the camera for a few happy snaps.

you gonna head out Rian?

I'll be there on Sunday, I would go on Saturday but I have to work. I don't think I could handle two whole days of trendy bogans anyway.

Yeeeeeaaaaaah dude, wouldn't miss it.

Apparently its expected to rain. Which I wouldn't mind because the sun was killer last time, well killed Rian haha

Yeah the heat last time was terrible, if it is sunny this time I'm defs going to bring a bucket hat.

What day are you going out there Leo?

What are normal oil temps in 4AGEs (or any engine really)?

I wired up my oil temp and oil pressure gauges yesterday: the oil temp seems to sit between 100˚C and 110˚C while driving, the oil pressure is about 10PSI at idle (I suspect the gauge has a shitty earth, the needle is pretty erratic) and the water temp is pretty much fixed on 88˚C.

What are normal oil temps in 4AGEs (or any engine really)?

I wired up my oil temp and oil pressure gauges yesterday: the oil temp seems to sit between 100˚C and 110˚C while driving, the oil pressure is about 10PSI at idle (I suspect the gauge has a shitty earth, the needle is pretty erratic) and the water temp is pretty much fixed on 88˚C.

Sorted out the earth on the oil pressure gauge, it now sits at about 30PSI at idle when hot, but it doesn't get over 65PSI no matter the revs, must be because of the pressure operated sandwich plate for the oil cooler (which is just plumbed straight back into the sump, oil cooler will be going in soon. Hopefully it will keep the oil temps at ~100˚C).

I think with oil temperatures you are looking for trends.

If the oil normally sits at 100deg C, then id start to worry if it was 120-130+

Similarly for oil pressure, once you figure out the normal pressure, just start to worry if you see anything drastically different.