G.O.R. 2012 (Great Ocean Road) Discussion Thread

TE278U

which weekend? cabin or tents  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All past and future GOR participants.

Jan 2012 is approaching rapidly, and this trip needs to be sorted pretty quickly if it is going to happen at all.

last year's overnight trip was fantastic, Big shoutout to Jared and Mel for organising a fantastic trip. unfortunately they are unable to organise 2012 due to having a baby and other commitments, so....

I would like to make a call out for volunteers who are able to help out with putting together a trip like this.

For those who haven't attended a GOR before, the basic gist is a weekend of driving some of the best roads in Victoria (Australia even) and hanging out with some fellow rollaclub members, and showing some good old Aussie spirit as it's usually around the Australia day holiday.

being this late in the year, and having some trouble with accomodation last year, I don't know what our options are, so if anyone has any suggestions that they have researched, please pass them on to me via pm.

Otherwise, feel free to post constructive comments in this thread, or even just post to say you're interested in going so I can get an idea of numbers.

please vote which weekend you would like the event to be on and your preffered accomodation style. (please don't vote if you don't intend to go ;) )

Anything i've forgotten, please post it or pm me and i'll edit this post.

-Dave

Edited by TE278U

Members dont see this ad

Id probably head over Wednesday night/Thursday Morn. Stay Thursday friday, saturday and possibly sunday. Then head back bright and early-ish Monday morning.

Thats just my thoughts, I understand people wont be able to get a heap of time off work (or family). Just putting it out there :yes:

if you guys want to organise a pre-trip trip, the others who can't get the friday off or who only want to do a weekender can meet up on Sat at campsite/accomodation.

start looking for accomodation possibilites now, cause by the time we need to book (nov at the latest) we will need numbers and a confirmd booking

Edited by TE278U

oright ive been talking to paul and slo-030 on FB and were thinking of camping at Great Otway National Park or Otway Forest Park for 4 days.

ill ring up tomorrow to see if i theres 20 spots free.

from the 26 to 29th.

Edited by Evan G

lol speak of the devil, i actually sent Jarrad a message on facebook yesterday asking him if he wants help and or running this year's event : )

I'm Back in the country in 3 weeks time; I'm more than happy to do as much as i can to organise and help get things together for this : )

I'm all for what ever weekend suits everyone else, no problems here.

can't Wait : )

• Upvote 1