4Agte Ke70 Drift Ute

dbr11k

liking the flares so far, will look great finished. i got that much roll out of my DXs guards, terry flared them. all sotck metal and NOOOO rust in them, dx is weird it rusts in other places aussies ones don't, and no foam in the guards like ADM ones.

Members dont see this ad

thanks mate i just can't wait till this other car sells so i can buy the suspension for her .. and ive got a set of big arse ugly vault devilles that no one wants to buy.. for some reason :rolls: .. once they sell i'm buying a set of 15x8's for her :y:

sooo .. took the big girl for a lap up my street this arvo, breaks traction in 2nd with the cheese cutters on lol.. it just doesnt feel right, it has to much exeleration to be a standard ratio diff, its gotta be 4:1.1 or something close.. and i was looking at pics of different diffs this arvo and noticed that T-series diffs look WAY to much like the diff thats in this.

would some kind lad like to inform me of how to identify what sort of diff i have in her please?? any identifying marks? my last ae71 had a diff in it that you could take a rear cover off, this thing is welded up in that spot where the inspection plate would normally be :hmm:

nope, definatly not an LSD, it does third gear on the spot with one wheel haha.

i'll take a snap when i get home from work if there is still enough light, also it has rather large drums on it if that means anything..

EDIT: just found this on ae86dc

S Series = ADM = no LSD available

T Series = JDM or T18 + others = plenty of LSD's available (KAAZ, Cusco, TRD etc)

S Series 8 bolts carrier to axle housing

T Series 10 bolts carrier to axle housing

S series = ADM AE86

T series = JDM AE86, T18

when fitting a T series diff you need a shorter rear tail shaft either out of a JDM 86 or a T18. the rear shaft for a t series is 20mm shorter than that of an s series

ADM AE86 760mm, T18 740mm

Ke70's have a borgwarner diff different to S and T series. both S and T series will bolt in but an s or t series tailshaft must be used.

tailshaft and diff combo's (assuming you have fitted 4AC or 4AGE and using T50 box)

AE86 + T series = ADM or JDM front half + T18 or JDM rear half

KE70 + S series = ADM 86 or JDM 86 front half + ADM 86 rear half

KE70 + T series = same as AE86 with T series

AE71 + S series = same as KE70 with S series

AE71 + T sereis = same as AE86 with T series

Edited by dbr11k

yep, she's out of an auto t-18, has 4:1.1 gear ratio and come out of a car with 128xxx k's on it :y:

looking at buying a full spool for it later on, as i don't like the idea of welded diffs that much, and can't see the point in going with a 2-way diff when the car is only going to be driven on the track