4Agte Ke70 Drift Ute

dbr11k

stripped off some more sound deadener today and painted the floor satin black, fixed up the fuel pumps so they werent just floating around the boot, stripped the roof lining and modified the rails for a racing seat :cool:

post-7096-0-36288100-1318061425_thumb.jpg

post-7096-0-76475500-1318061599_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

ahk thanks guys i hope i can get a track licence without having a drivers licence .. it's stupid imo, i think they should make track days/drift days a place where anyone can go (with an age limit of course) and go silly instead of them doing it on the street.

Hey mate you sure can, i lived in sydney nsw for the past 17 years untill recently moving to qld.

you need a cams liscence wich is like 55 bucks all you need to take is id ther eis no driving test involved.

as far as car rego, Aslong as you can pass schrutineering (or however you spell) I.E Motor/Box/Diff must not leak any oil and fluids. you need front and rear lights with working hazards secured seat possibly a few other things can't remember But you will be sweeeeeeet to go. Eastern creek has a good little wet and dry skid pan this beast will be singing on the dry pan good luck bud!

awesome stuff thanks heaps for the replies guys .. i took tha car to tafe and did a couple of different tests to it, compression test, head gasket test etc.. the alternator has shit its self so ive bought another one.. and also the compression in it wasnt very good.

165 1st cylinder

165 2nd cylinder

145 3rd cylinder

170 4th cylinder

it's definitely not a blown head gasket, any ideas what could be doing this ?

anyways i got bored just than and thought i'd have a crack at flaring a front guard.. first attempt ever and it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be.. not the prettiest flares ive ever seen but i'm not building a show and shine car now am i :wink:

standard passenger side:

post-7096-0-65620900-1318232506_thumb.jpg

5 minutes on the drivers side:

post-7096-0-47321600-1318232573_thumb.jpg

also took a vid of what the car sounds like, it's misfiring a little bit and it has something to do with cylinder number 3, and it has an exhaust leak lol.. i'll post that up as soon as i figure out how.

took the side moulds off one side, in bad need of a buff.. it has purple mirros on it now because i wanted something to remember my last ae71 that i wrote off by, and the drivers mirror was smashed anyways.

post-7096-0-11798800-1318232797_thumb.jpg

AND i accidentally figured out an easier way of getting the old sound deadening up, before i was using a heat gun and a scraper.. but it's relatively cold here today and i was hitting a dent out of the floor pan and a big chunk of sound deadener came off .. after about 20 light hits:

post-7096-0-65957900-1318232851_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbr11k

dry is by far the best method for doing this man. freeze it and you can peel it off in dinner plate sized pieces lol.

oh and fix the exhaust leak and your misfire will likely go away.

Edited by Ella

hmm i'm thinking its more than just the exhaust leak but .. i don't think this car has had a good drive in a long time, it has condensation in the exhaust and in the rocker cover.. the rego stickers says it was last registered in 2009 !!

i put new gearbox oil in today and will do engine and diff oil tomorrow and also replace the clutch fluid..

by the way the smoke is actually unburnt fuel not oil smoke, i can't figure out why it is running so rich, but one thing i didnt test was timing so i'll have to check that out tomorrow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa2LjwpCI3s&edit=ev&feature=uenh

and here is a decent pic of the flared guard.. gunna be fun doing the rear ones as it looks like there is a fair bit of bog underneath.

post-7096-0-86542800-1318252538_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbr11k

flared two more guards today after work. and as i thought the rears were a mess... but i actually don't think i really give a fuk lol

post-7096-0-69562800-1318325211_thumb.jpg

post-7096-0-25879300-1318325246_thumb.jpg

now all i need is some decent wheels to fill them !!!

Edited by dbr11k

i want some opinions before i spend the money .. i want this car to stand out from the rest, yet still not look horrid.

what do you guys think of these wheels, i wanna get a set of these in 15x8.. +0 offset .. i think.

post-7096-0-08358400-1318415168_thumb.jpg

wired up some guages that i had lying around as well, and had a crack at file finishing the flared guards.. still not perfect but still don't care :P

post-7096-0-33946800-1318415885_thumb.jpg

post-7096-0-90941000-1318415943_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbr11k