George The Ke26

Nostalgia

I tried to write 'm.i.n.t' (without dots) but when I'd submit it would change 'm.i.n.t' to 'overrated'... The f***? Haunted computer...

It's not your computer, it's Rollaclub. The Mods/Admins have replaced "M.int" for "Overrated" because it is oftenly a misused term on here. :)

Josh :cool:

Members dont see this ad

Haha, yeah I thought it may be the site, Josh. It's pretty funny actually!

Oh and Seabiscuit, I had to write original and granny, because I couldn't write m.int ;) But yeah, white walls, chrome dressing, venetians (which I can't find for a 26?) etc. I love the colour too, if after I fix the front damage the paint is compromised I'd like to get it painted the original colour :)

Old man Arch was pretty adamant about 2g though, in one of the previous trips he came down to $1500, but claims he didn't remember and wanted no less than $1800! But yeah, i'm pretty happy with $1500 :) will cost about $1300 to get roadworthy I think, going by quotes.

Between reading your story, admiring the pictures and skimming the thread.

I have ended up here.

speechless, in awe, slightly jealous, drooling, stunned, amazed and proud :)

Just keep it fresh. any money spent is an investment.

I could roll off a list of "Don't Do's" but I'm sure your clever enough to know :)

cheers, scott

Unicorn, haven't heard that about a car before hahah! Thanks mate :)

Between reading your story, admiring the pictures and skimming the thread.

I have ended up here.

speechless, in awe, slightly jealous, drooling, stunned, amazed and proud :)

Just keep it fresh. any money spent is an investment.

I could roll off a list of "Don't Do's" but I'm sure your clever enough to know :)

cheers, scott

Cheers Scott, I completely feel the same :)

If I could, I'd keep it the way it is and not change ANYTHING from original.. But then I couldn't drive it! (legally) :)

And I know all the "don't do's", I go through them in my head when I see someone else molesting their rolla! Does my head in :no2:

Scott, do you have any idea where I could source some rear venetians? The internet isn't helping me at all, and getting them made may be quite expensive! But in that comes another problem..

I don't want to drill any holes! Not even for a headunit, but I need my triple j! :sob:

Oh and by the way, I've been admiring Sak Wagz for so long, and so many other rollas on here. I just can't believe that now other people on RC are admiring mine :) feels good.

Looks really clean mate.

Practically exactly how mine looked when i first got it.

Looks like it's had a bit of bad attention on the left hand side hahaha. The front has copped a bit of punishment :blush: My left guard was also not the greatest when i first got my '26.

Also, if you happed to be able to source a rear venetion, let us know. As i'm also on the look out, as i've never seen one on one. Not anywhere haha.

Looking again, this thing is overrated, interior especially :blush:

Keep us all updated with progress.

Looks really clean mate.

Practically exactly how mine looked when i first got it.

Looks like it's had a bit of bad attention on the left hand side hahaha. The front has copped a bit of punishment :blush: My left guard was also not the greatest when i first got my '26.

Also, if you happed to be able to source a rear venetion, let us know. As i'm also on the look out, as i've never seen one on one. Not anywhere haha.

Looking again, this thing is overrated, interior especially :blush:

Keep us all updated with progress.

Haha yeah well, the older owners did lose their licences! It's a real shame, I don't want to have to replace any parts And quite a few bits suffered, not keen to source the bonnet trim!

Yeah I'm not sure about the venetians, Ke20 ones are everywhere but I've NEVER seen a 26 one. I would get one made though, I'm committed :happy:

I love Barry by the way, that blue with the black steelies looks great! Great ride height too, how much did you lower the front?

Yeah I'm not sure about the venetians, Ke20 ones are everywhere but I've NEVER seen a 26 one. I would get one made though, I'm committed :happy:

Love the wags!!! Try "Auto Cables" in Vic. Pretty sure he has a web site(don't know how to post link from phone sorry). He sells them. If they haven't got them he might be able to tell you where to get them or get them made.

Stu.

Haha yeah well, the older owners did lose their licences! It's a real shame, I don't want to have to replace any parts And quite a few bits suffered, not keen to source the bonnet trim!

I love Barry by the way, that blue with the black steelies looks great! Great ride height too, how much did you lower the front?

Ohh i see, i see. Yeah fair enough, keep it as original as possible. Yeah the bonnet trim is a bugger.

Yeah a 26 one would look rad. Even some side ones would look sweet i think.

Cheers :) About 2 Inch in the front. It's a nice height, not too low, not too stock. I like it.

Hey Bro,

heres the 411, haha.

as for venetians, when i searched high and low a few years back there was not a usable template on the books.

Obrien Autoshades, here in adelaide offered to measure mine up and then have a template to make them, back then i was quoted $450, measured, made, both rear sides and tailgate.

i didnt have that sort of money at the time so i had to pass.

since then, MAYBE they have been measured and a template made ?

no drilling required with venetians, they locate in the seals and hold tight.

----

as for your headunit.

as i have and alot of guys on here, put it in your glovebox.

no drilling, no cutting plus when the glove box is closed you can't see it, sneaky :)

i have a set of 6x9s in boxes sitting in my cargo area, again no drilling, screws, cutting.

with my amp neatly tucked under drivers seat, no one even thinks twice about a stereo :)

goodluck with it all champ, youve got a good thing there.

cheers, scott

Kickn5k: Cheers! I might have to get onto him, is Auto Cables a rollaclub username?

JordyKE: Yeah I was thinking about some side ones too, I think it would look nice and granny haha. And 2inchs, that may be what I'll go for if I decide i need some lows :) if not 2.5.

PMP020: That's interesting, I wonder why they never made them.. As for $450, that's pretty expensive, I might shop around and see how I go.

Yeah I was thinking of putting my headunit in the glove box, but surely I would have to drill holes, for the wires and for screws to keep it in place (unless i used like, velcro tabs haha.

I have 2 Alpine type Rs in boxes waiting to sit in the boot, a Kenwood headunit with aux etc, and I may be buying a 15" Clarion 1500w sub and sony 500w amp in a box for $100.. Such an overkill, but so cheap!

I was also thinking of hiding for 4in or 6in speakers stealthily under the dash somehow, maybe with some retro as covers, but i'd rather not see the soundsystem at all in the cockpit. AND NO CUTTING.

Cheers for the advice boys :)

Oh and by the way, today I ran into an old friend who is moving and decided to give me, yes give me, his 1988 Camry sedan. Auto, powersteering, new tires and rego till April! I was so surprised, but he has a 2011 Lancer and doesn't care about this, so I'm going to sell it within to weeks, then take him half :) should get about $1500! What a score!!!!!

Toby.

Edited by Nostalgia

I agree with PMP020, my headunit is in my glovebox, looks neat, and looks stock. I nearly made up a custom braket to sit just under the dash, centre. But the glovebox is such an easier option!! Only pain is you have to reach over to turn it down (i don't have a remote)

I have 2 6x9's in the rear with a 12 inch sub. The 6x9's i put in the back panels, i just made up new ones with 3mm board, templated them and the yeah wrapped them in vinyl and put the speakers in. I think it looks good.

With the venetians, i was thinking of jsut grabbing some off an old holden or something. And trimming them down, if i can find any at the wreckers. It's a bit dodgy, but it's the price you pay, or you don't pay :wink: , for being old school.

I also need to get some front speakers. I was thinking of putting some small ones in the front kick panels, as the guy who owned the car before me hacked them up to put speakers in, only to realise the hole was too small, so i'd need to get spacers or something.

Good score with the Camry also mate.

So your headunit just sits there shaking around, and your wires come out the front?

I don't understand how it can work with no drilling haha! I got the boxes for the 6x9s so I'll just sit them in the boot and find a way to stop them rolling around. I was thinking of putting the headunit under the dash too, but I don't think I could have it in the centre because I have an ashtray, so may as well in the glove box, which was another idea I was thinking about too. Plus I have a remote :)

Yeah I was thinking about some other car's venetians, but I don't think I've ever seen them at a wrecker, most of the wreckers in the Hobart area are late 80s to early 2000s cars. That I've found anyway.

And yeah the Camry is pretty good, the auto gearbox is pretty sluggish when you first start driving, but the 3s-fe is quite lively! It chirped in the dry going from 1st to 2nd, and in the wet 2nd to 3rd I almost lost it it was spinning that much, even in a straight line and I didn't mean to, scared the poo out of me!

Almost wish the 3s-fe was in the 26 :hmm:

Edited by Nostalgia