Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

Featured Replies

just pull it off and plate over it.

  • Replies 416
  • Views 155.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And rip the vsv off.

 

All set for some more fun hehehe

  • Author

Yeah, if you could send me those diagrams that would be sweet Biggo.

 

Did you guys notice a big difference with the ABV deactivated? I'm guessing I'd get about 1.5-2psi extra boost, so I would hope for some rather noticeable extra power.

NFI bout the ABV deactivation performance. Well i wouldnt seeing as mine doesnt even go yet lol. I'm just a slacko

 

ancullen - send me an email and ill hit u up with them diagrams

[email protected]

Glad to hear it went well, and congrats. Does the car have the standard KE55 brakes on it still? You should see if you can get some footage for us next time :D

  • Author

Yep, standard KE55 (1981 model) brakes. I've got some Bendix Ultimate pads for next time, but I will be upgrading to RX7 brakes as soon as I've saved enough cash.

 

Biggo - I'll email as soon as I finish writing this.

ive been thinking of the front mount for 4AGZEs, one thing to remember on a GZE is the throttlebody is placed before the supercharger, and the intercooler is after the supercharger. the problem with having a front mount is if you blow off a intercooler pipe, crash or get a rock thrown up that makes a hole in the cooler it will be the same as opening the throttle full and youll have no control over throttle.

 

A turbo setup or even my setup has the throttlebody after the blower so if something happens to the cooler i just loose boost.

 

Aslo keep in mind why topmounts on 4AGZEs are used. Less likely for this to happen and the intercooler moves with the motor so not much chance of blowing off IC pipes.

 

I think something like a water to air would be better option

  • Author

Interesting point, and one I hadn't considered previously. No-one has yet swayed me to getting a front mount, in fact, the only argument for one is how much room I have in front of my radiator currently, but that won't change my mind. Water-to-air all the way (that or a better top mount).

 

EDIT: Later on I intend to do something to clean up the intake manifold. I may look into changing the standard setup rather dramatically (possibly so that the supercharger is before the throttle body/bodies). This will depend on cost though, but I like the idea of a quad throttle 4A-GZE.

Edited by ancullen

in all the setups ive seen for stock gze the throttle is always before the shitty manifold

  • Author

Yeah, for stock GZE's. I don't see why the SC can't just feed a plenum chamber which leads into the throttle bodies, like a turbo setup. The ECU will need to be reprogrammed to accept the changes, but as I've already got a Microtech on board it shouldn't be too much of an issue I would have thought.

well I'm just using a normal bigport manifold (fwd) and then piping up the S/C

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I will hopefully be taking Lola to a dyno day this Sunday, but it's will depend on how much money I have to burn. I may be able to do the ABV mod in time, but I somehow doubt it, but at least this way I can get a baseline to know where future mods will take me power-wise.

  • Author

Change of plans. Decided that the $60 would be better spent on actually racing or improving the performance of Lola. I can get a dyno test done when I'm actually getting her dyno tuned.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.