Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

ancullen

Okay, I realise my plans must seem to change a lot but:

I got word the other day that the bloke up here who races a KE55/KE35 fastback (not sure which, but most recently he said KE35) with a 20v has got his hands on an AE86 and will be swapping the drivetrain into that, then selling his KE35 shell with rollcage and possibly some other bits. So I've told him that as soon as he wants to sell, I want to buy.

He reckons it won't be until the end of the year at the earliest, but that's fine by me. I'll still put all my upcoming good bits in my current shell, then when he's ready, take the rollcaged shell off his hands and do a straight swap.

His shell seems to be in far better condition than mine. We've made some mistakes when we've been trying to do things to my car, so in the future we can do it properly.

The best part is, all the important bits from my car should swap straight in (swaybars, brakes, etc) plus I get the benefit of having a rollcage, CAMS logbooked shell, and it's a fastback, so it looks way better than the 4-door sedan (although I've always liked the 2-door sedan/coupe too).

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Missing my car at the moment. Haven't seen her in over three weeks. First day after I get back to Darwin I'll be starting to do some work on her. My list of jobs includes the installation of:

Front & rear Whiteline swaybars

Commodore brake pads for the front calipers

New Nolathane bushes all around

I might be getting my hands on some low front springs, so if I get them (and they arrive in time - doubt it though) I'll be installing them too.

I would also like to install my tacho. As I have a Microtech MT8 running my engine at the moment, is there any easy way to install the tacho by attaching it to certain wiring on the ECU? I have to find which wire gives the pulse signal to the tacho (one pulse per spark for one cylinder). Or do I just need to run a really long wire from the tacho to one of the spark plug leads?

Do I take it that no-one knows how to install a tacho with a Microtech?

I'm not sure but don't tacho's just go from the negative on the coil and give it power.not sure but tell me if I'm wrong i am interested in this very interested in this setup.cheers :jamie:

Are you running single coil or multi coil?

if its a single coil just conect the green fromthe tacho to the negitive side on the coil.

If its multi coil there is a grey with a blue trace coming out of the Microtech on the 6 pin coil wiring plug, that is tacho output.

If none of them work for you , you can use 4 diodes, 1 on each coil and a pull down resistor, there is a circuit around the net for this setup.

Edited by NickZ

Okay, after yesterday's work effort, I now have the seat back of my rear seat reinstalled (to pass scrutineering). I have removed my front swaybar after much effort, and am half way (kinda) through installing my front Whiteline swaybar & SuperPro swaybar bushes.

The only problem is that because of the far greater thickness of the new bushes, I can't actually get the nuts on the bolts that go through the eyelets on the ends of the swaybar. The bolts are meant to connect the sway bar to the lower control arm, with four bushes also along the length of the bolt. Because the new bushes are over one-and-a-half times as thick as the old worn out rubber bushes, I actually can't get all four on the bolt, and I can't get the nut on the end of the bolt.

Has anyone had any experience in replacing swaybars/bushes who could help?

I would say that it doesn't matter because I own my own home, so I can use my own oven as much as I like, for whatever I like - except I don't keep the cars at home so I'll have to ask my mother-in-law if I can use her oven. :hammer: