Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 155k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, definitely. According to one site I've read, it's meant to be better than the 20v as well, but I would have thought that the larger port area of the 20v would have better suited forced induction, but this one guy (who seemed to know what he was on about) disagreed. I can't seem to find the site at the moment, so I can't link you to it, but if you look up cheap 4A-GTE's you'll probably find his page.

 

This guy seems to make do just fine with F/I on a 20V head....then again, it's also got a 7A block to pump up the torque

7AGTE 20V AE92 Levin, somewhere around 300kw ATW

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Umm yeah, I agree with Nick. I've never heard of any version of the 4A-G being harder to start than any other version. I think your mechanic might be talking out his bottom.

i didnt think so, he is the mechanic that my old folks use i don't use him cause i think he is a wanker but I'm not very knowledgable on toyota's so i was just checking. ;)

Hey mate i was interested what you have done with your tailshaft? are you using standard 55 diff with a t-50? if so what did u do with the tailshaft?

  • Author

Yes it's a standard KE55 diff with a T50. I didn't have the car built though, but what I was told was that there was a custom tailshaft made up. What it actually looks like to me is just a shortened tailshaft (I'm pretty certain it's been shortened), because it looks aged like other bits under the car.

ok awsome, so I'm guessing its just had the ae71 yoke attatched to the gearbox end and been shortened?

  • Author

Most probably. I don't even know how much it would have to be shortened. But would definitely have the K50 yoke removed and the AE86/AE71 T50 yoke attached. Not that it makes much difference, but my gearbox (or at least the bellhousing) is off an AE86 as the starter motor is in a different position to that on the AE71.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Okay, I haven't done Sweet Fanny Adams on Lola in ages as I've been waiting on some parts (mainly an intercooler). When I do finally get my hands on the intercooler I'm buying, I'll be doing the ABV mod at the same time. Will probably try and fit the rear swaybar and the remaining Nolathane bushes too. And if I do that, I'll be doing the LCA's at the same time.

 

However, as racing was on this weekend, I decided to take my black Corolla, Leila instead. So this update can be dedicated to her, as I am not starting a 'Rides & Projects' topic on a car I have no intentions of modifying. I took Leila racing mainly because I wanted to see how she'd compare with the other cars I've taken lap-sprinting. For the record, I have achieved the following best times in the following cars:

 

HG Mitsubishi Galant SE (Gladys) - 1min 44sec

EP91R Toyota Starlet Life (Alley's Car) - 1min 41.5sec

KE55E Toyota Corolla with 4A-GZE (Lola) - 1min 39.5sec (with cracked intercooler)

 

And the results of Sunday (don't know if this is my absolute best lap, but it's the best from the race results I saw):

 

ZZE122R Toyota Corolla (Leila) - 1min 38.78sec!

 

So my road car is faster than my race car. :lock:

 

And thanks to baboon from BoostCruising for posting the following video of my efforts (I'm following the Torana which is following the Clubsport which is following the Ford ute).

 

http://media.putfile.com/Hidden-Valley-Dri...corrola-sprints

Wheres my full rose jointed front end ;)

 

...and heres some lucky sod who gets LCA's for a strip of piss!!!!

 

Good work at the lap times. Those 1zzfe's really do have some stick hey....I should know, cos ive had a ball I'm mums :lock:

  • Author

My mate in the XU-1 Wannabe Torana (it's actually better than an XU-1) wasn't that much faster than the black Corolla (although he did speed up a bit over the day and has done 1min34.something in the past). I kept telling him a Corolla Sportivo would be enough to beat him, but he didn't take it too well. And as he works for a Honda dealership he just started saying how a current Civic will hose a Corolla - which I agree with anyway. But an AE111 will beat an EK Type-R. :lock:

  • Author

UPDATE: Just checked the final results, and it turns out that my fastest lap was actually done in the first race. I would have got a faster lap in the fourth race (or so I reckon), but someone had an accident and we had to slow down and pit. My quickest lap was actually a 1min37.33, which is just freakin' awesome!!!

  • Author

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. On Sunday I also got two black 13x7.0 wheels for Lola. They are to suit an AE86, and have WICKED dish. I'll post a pic when I go pick my car up from where I left it last night. The wheels are in the back.

  • Author

I suddenly have a desire to convert to turbo very soon. I bid on a 4A-GZE SC12 supercharger and a 14psi crank pulley on eBay. I bid $80, hoping I might get lucky, but it pretty quickly went up to $250 where it sat for a while. I just checked what it sold at:

 

See Sale Price Here

 

Please note that the pulley needed to be glued to the standard crank pulley, which sounds dodgy as all hell. Plus the piping on the blower was cut which I would have thought would have f@$ked it. I'm waiting to see what the guy ends up getting for his 4A-GZE intake manifold, as I have a spare one and wouldn't hesitate to list it if his goes for enough. Currently it's sitting at $10.50 with 4days and 20hours to go. If it hits $50 I'm listing mine.

  • Author

BTW, I tried out one of the above wheels on the front passenger side of my Corolla this afternoon. It sticks out about an inch and a half. At least it doesn't rub the strut like my 15's do.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.