Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 155.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I won an eBay auction on an SC14 last night. $167.50 + $34.40 postage. SCORE!!!

 

Now I just need to wait until tomorrow to find out if I've won another auction on some 20v quad throttles. :evil:

Edited by ancullen

  • Author

Missed out on the quad throttles because I stupidly didn't increase my maximum bid. They went for NZ$150. SHIT!!!

 

But I did buy S13 280mm discs today, so the brake upgrade *should* go ahead over Christmas.

Edited by ancullen

  • 3 weeks later...

whats this about the s14 brakes? can you swap your discs with s14 ones? is there any machining or anything else involved in the conversion? soz bout the noobness of the question haha

  • Author

S14 brakes? Never bothered looking for them.

 

I know the RX7 calipers can be fitted, I know they're good brakes, I knew I could source them cheaply. I've already got the calipers and I've now got the discs, so now I just need to get the adaptor brackets made up.

lol whoops ment s13! so is the adaptor bracket for the calipers or is it to bolt it onto the hub?

adam are you going to do up me new ae71 as a side project geeez thanks man aahahah

and i was wondering what her name was Michelle it is then

  • Author
lol whoops ment s13! so is the adaptor bracket for the calipers or is it to bolt it onto the hub?

Adaptor bracket is for the calipers.

 

 

 

adam are you going to do up me new ae71 as a side project geeez thanks man aahahah

and i was wondering what her name was Michelle it is then

I'd better remove her from my projects I suppose.

 

 

Michelle is no longer my car. :wink:

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Please excuse the lack of updates, but since 22 July not a lot has been happening.

 

I have now sold the S13 discs that I bought, as I've decided to use AE86 struts with the RX7 caliper conversion as shown on Toymods & AE86 Driving Club. The new brackets would already be ready for me, but the guy making them had run out of 8mm thick steel, so he's got to wait for more to come in. Considering I only gave him the CAD diagrams last week, I'm EXTREMELY happy. Even more so considering they're not costing me anything. At all. Except I will buy him a carton or something as a thank you.

 

I have been doing some wheeling and dealing, and this weekend I should be picking up a set of AE86 D2 coilovers and power steering arms at a very low price. Will also include a 20v engine - and possibly a KE70 shell, AE82 TwinCam parts car (with engine), AE71 crossmember, and T50 gearbox with 4A-GE bellhousing. Depends on what I can arrange with some other people.

 

More importantly, I'm STRONGLY considering purchasing a CAMS log booked TA22 Celica. It needs a bit of work to be finished, but is otherwise pretty good. EXCEPT, it's got a 13T motor, which is farken useless. This is the same as what I've got in the other TA22 I bought (from the same guy), except I've only got one 2T-G head, and I want to use it on the road TA22 (along with an SC12 & 2T-GEU EFI setup I've got here).

 

Therefore, if all goes to plan on the weekend, I'll get the T50 with bellhousing and the silvertop engine. So I'm thinking that I could drop both of those into the CAMS approved TA22 and keep the 13T and it's T50 as spares for the road car. This would give me an under-1600 racecar that would be FAR safer than Lola. I would NOT use the supercharged engine for a race car as I'd have to restrict it, thereby losing any advantage it might have.

 

So what would happen with Lola & her engine? Well, the plan is to buy a big block with a shed in the next six to twelve months, so I wouldn't have to do anything with her until I'd fully made up my mind about my preferred option. I also won't be racing this year, as I've made a conscious decision to do some official duties to help the local racing club (NAMSC) and save some money at the same time. That way when I do go racing in 2009, I won't feel as guilty about not being able to help out as a flag marshall (or whatever) plus I should have an appropriately prepared car to race in. I may take Lola out every now and then for a play so that I don't lose interest in actually building a good car. But the likelyhood is that if I build a TA22 racecar, I wouldn't need Lola. And as she can't be registered (not that shell anyway), I'd most likely buy a DIY Clubman kit (or a half assembled one) and drop the 4A-GZE in that. I could then sell off the good KE55 suspension bits I've acquired over time.

 

There's no certainty about any of this at the moment anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

when i first read that i thought you were going v8 hahaha long live the big block :)

I'm also learning that taking your time and "retiring" for a while will in the end net you much better results as you will not be rushing, or going half arsed about things :(

  • Author

Hopefully it won't be half-arsed. That's exactly what I want to avoid doing with this car, unlike some of the mistakes I made with Lola (like cutting the front to fit a VN radiator).

lol, ive been there too, esp. the cutting things to make things fit.

i actually cut a big section of the radiator support panel out and bolted it back in ffs, just coz i was too lazy to take the turbo off to get the motor back in the bay |blink|

 

keep up the saving, things just fall into place when your in no rush ;)

can i ask you why you're putting a 1.6 and not something a bit bigger into the ta22???

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.