Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 155.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i reccon a 1jz would be intersting in a ta22

I guess the car came out with a 1600, maybe he wants to keep it in the 1600 class, so why not fit a 4age as a good toyota allrounder engine that is easy to get mods and upgrades for. A 4age is going to be better than ANY push rod engine in the 1200-1600 class.

i was thinking of a 2L minimum in there...i spose class restrictions would limit engine choices for racing.

  • Author

LOL - not quite. A 3S-GE would be interesting, but apparently there are oiling issues with them.

 

Also, as this is a TA22, it's already setup to take a T50 gearbox, so I can VERY easily drop a 4A-GE in. Plus I'm picking up an AE82 twincam (with original bigport) and a 20v engine this weekend, along with another T50, AE86 coilovers & power steering arms, and various other bits. Basically it makes sense for me to use a 4A-GE.

 

The other thing is, as this is going to be a proper Improved Production (Group 3J) car, it will have to fit into a class, and I prefer under 2L. I could potentially buy a 3S-GTE and drop that in, but I've got no real interest in going in the over 2L class yet. Up here because of our small population and lack of cars, we've only got over or under 2L. I figure I may as well build a 1600cc car initially, then later on when I get more serious, buy a 7A block and a stroker kit from Canada and go to 2029cc and see what can be done with an under 2L car (you can go up to 2040cc and still be under 2L).

  • Author

It does already have a 13T, and I've got a 2T-GEU head sitting around, but those motors are SOOO heavy. A 4A-GE is a fairly light motor, even though it's still got an iron block, and there's just a mind-blowing number of different parts available for them. I also REALLY, REALLY like the idea of trying out one of these 2029cc stroker kits (if money permits). The company that manufactures them is checking if they've got a reconditioned 81mm or 83mm kit available for me, and if they do, they could sell it to me reasonably cheaply. The 83mm kit would give a 1711cc capacity with standard pistons. The 2029cc kit costs a fair bit more, plus it uses at least 83mm pistons, possibly 84mm, which wouldn't be cheap. :'(

Because some people thing 4age's are the be all and end all of toyota engines!! :'(

 

Well i have never seen anyone do an engine conversion and upgrade to a K motor :lol:

Trev people upgrade suzuki's to 5K/4K K motors all the time..lol so thats one..lol

 

Yeah UPGRADE, Didnt they also come with K motors?

  • Author

Regardless, this TA22 will be getting a 4A-GE, possibly upgraded to a 7A block with stroker kit at a later date. With a 1.6L capacity I should get about 210-220hp, with the 2029cc capacity (if I go that way), I'd be hoping for about 250-260hp. Either way it'll be heaps.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Small update: I'm now most likely going to use Lola's engine & ECU in the TA22 race car for the 2009 racing season. It will NOT be race legal, so I won't win any prizes, but it will mean I can get a feel for IP racing while building the hard-core N/A 4A-GE. Still haven't decided if I'll use the bigport or the silvertop - leaning towards the bigport and using the Microtech from the 4A-GZE rather than re-wiring up the stock AE82 ECU. Also looking at a replacement supercharger for the SC12, just because I can. :abuse: Twinscrew, baby!!!

common ancullen you better get ur act together :abuse:

we got our car show coming up soon

but yeah i reccon go the bigport how tight are the regs up here for IP

ITB's wicked cam up the CR, exhaust and a aftermarker comp that'd be a bad ass NA engine

  • Author

No restrictions on the N/A engine would be modified, other than not going over 2% more capacity than the nominated class. So for a 1600 I can actually have as much as 1632cc. If I stroke it I can go to as much as 2040cc, but I haven't heard of more than 2029cc for an A-series engine.

 

If I use the bigport, I'll end up using bits off the silvertop as well, such as throttles, possibly flywheel, conrods, etc. Or I might just use the 20v and keep the bigport head for the 4A-GZE. :abuse:

so with IP the more money you have the faster you go

to me that seems unfair

 

i reccon they should all have the same powerd engine

just alter the suspension set ups to there liking

 

and where did u get a silvertop from ahaha

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.