Rians Ke70

rian

Very soon Rian, very soon indeed, just got to pull out the 4k and all its bits and pieces (Gearbox etc) and sell them off, shouldnt be too hard the engines had a decent tune, and only has 170XXX ks and ill bang it off cheap..

Heading down to brizy to pick up a fair few parts on sat, wiring loom and ecu arrived today, and I'm picking up my T50 Box tomorrow night..

can't wait to get her in, also found a guy who is willing to mod plate the engine for $80, as long as I have all the work done by a certified mechanic (Which it is) :)

Sounds epic!

Who is doing your mod plate??

Members dont see this ad

Good on you, I couldn't imagine selling my KE70s either.

Nah not back in the shire yet, I probably won't be for a while. I have to get settled in to this house, find housemates etc. I'm seriously over Brisbane though, there's not much to do here except go to the skatepark and it's too hot for that. Can't wait to go home and go to the beach.

BTW have you started uni yet?

Yeah man, I started in November. It's going well. I've been slacking off the last couple of weeks though, gotta pull my head in. Well there's not much to do here either man, There's a skatepark in Bruns and like you said, it's way too hot for that right now. Beach is probably the only thing this place has got...

Hope the housemate hunt goes well. It's hard to find people to live with. I've been through plenty of housemates here at my house. In the end, the only other person that lives here now is my brother. Been too many dramas here with friends and aquaintances so I'm not going to bother with anyone else. I know I can live with my brother, I've done it most of my life lol.

And Chris, thanks mate. let me know when it's out and I'll come grab it :D Just read that youre on the sunshine coast...Where abouts if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by willis

Today I fitted up the T18 pedal box. I've still got to drill a hole for the master cylinder as I didn't have any hole saws to do it with. So I'll buy a set of those so I can drill the hole and the pedal box is pretty much done. Initially it didn't fit up very well and the steering wheel was pushed off to the side a bit, but all it took was a few little mods to the brackets and it all lined up sweet.

So yeah now I have to put the dash back in and drill a hole for the clutch master cylinder and the pedal box will be finished. Pics soon

Edited by rian

Okay so the steering column is still too far off to the right and I can't get the cover for the column to fit up without fouling on other parts of the dash. It's going to require welding a new plate to the bracket to mount the steering column to. Which will get done another day.

Apart from the above the pedal box is in and functioning, I've cut the hole in the firewall and painted it to prevent rust. I also had to bend the clutch pedal so it didn't foul on the steering column.

Here you can see the steering column is shifted to the right by at least an inch, this is stopping me from putting the surround for the steering column on:

post-9612-0-58537900-1327836633_thumb.jpg

Pedal box in! You can see where I bent the clutch pedal.

post-9612-0-80139500-1327836803_thumb.jpg

And here's a little bracket I've been making to hold my oil temp, oil pressure and water temp gauges that I bought, though I still need to drill the holes for the gauges. It sits in where the factory radio used to be. Hopefully I'll just be able to glue it to the back of the tacho cluster surround and there will be ample room behind for the gauges due to it being where the radio was.

post-9612-0-37458700-1327837058_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-61380800-1327837092_thumb.jpg

And here's my boot full of parts:

post-9612-0-52414100-1327837137_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to actually get this conversion done!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I came back to Byron Bay today, and me and my father managed to get the car going. Turns out one of the fusible links up near the battery had burnt out, but it was still hidden by that red rubber cover that goes over the positive terminal, and thus I couldn't see the break.

We discovered it when testing for power at the 'engine' fuse in the fusebox under the steering wheel, but there was no power there so we figured the fusible link was busted. I replaced it with a spare fusible link that I had lying around and fired it up and the engine ran fine. I was so happy yet frustrated at the same time, as it was such an easy fix but when it initially broke a few weeks ago I spent many hours on the side of the road replacing shit that didn't need to be replaced.

Anyway here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

(shitty pic but you can see the break in the bottom wire)

post-9612-0-80815300-1329380885_thumb.jpg

Edited by rian

Blew the fusable link friday avo, fixed the car Sunday night at 1/4 to 9. Spent the whole weekend fixing it.

It snowballed to a million little issues.

Sounds super irritating!

Back in the shire. Yew!

Yeah I've been down here for the last of the uni holidays, heading back to Brisbane tonight.

The other day my friend came over and brought his 2" hole saw so we could fit the gauges. This is what we came up with: gauge panel in the factory radio position and switch panel under the vent controls. Still haven't got all the switches though.

Sorry about the crappy pictures, my good camera is in Brisbane.

post-9612-0-47086900-1329805552_thumb.jpg

And here's the gauges mounted:

post-9612-0-58922100-1329805598_thumb.jpg

When it's all ready I'm going to bog and paint it all so it looks like it's meant to be there and the panels won't have any ugly gaps. Also I've been trying to figure out what switches to mount on the switch panel that I might need/want; so far I think I'm going to have a fuel pump switch, a switch for the gauges/gauge lights, and a demister switch as the gauge panel covers up the original demister switch. I've already put in a battery master switch and a fuse box for the gauges and stuff. Any other switches I should have or that I might need to get the car track-worthy?

Edited by rian

Shit yeah Rian

It's all coming along. Can't wait to see it running!!!

Seriously though, I've said it before but next time you're around and need a hand, I'm always available. Once again, I probably won't be of much use but Id be happy to help where I can.

How's uni going man?

When I get the engine and actually start doing work on the car I'll definitely need a hand! I'll give you a call for sure. I've just been doing little unimportant stuff lately like the gauges and switches as there's nothing else I can do on the car. So eager to make some actual progress; however I can't afford to buy and engine yet.

I haven't started the semester yet, it starts on monday but I'm not at all looking forward to it. This semester will be hard I think.

What about you? Have you started your course yet?

Yeah, I started a while back. In November. Really tight on money at the moment though so I've put it on hold. I can resume whenever I want. Just really need some coinage right now.

Sweet man, let me know when you're ready to go. If I had held onto my 4AG for a while longer I could have sent it your way. I had pretty much everything waiting to go. Ohwell.

Good luck with next semester