Rians Ke70

rian

Members dont see this ad

My order arrived the other day. And I bought a catch can because I'm too lazy to re-route the PCV line back into the inlet when I cut and shut the FWD 4AGE manifold.

Pics:

post-9612-0-49610600-1335079891_thumb.jpg

Master cylinder:

post-9612-0-63102200-1335079922_thumb.jpg

Slave cylinder (it didn't come with the little pin looking thing that pushes onto the clutch fork??):

post-9612-0-97049300-1335079946_thumb.jpg

Catch can:

post-9612-0-90610200-1335080409_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ordered a slave cylinder before and found that it didn't come with the pin thingy that sticks out the end?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the AE82 running today, though I'm not sure what was causing the problem. I took the exhaust manifold off and checked out the wires to the starter motor, wiggled them around incase they were shorting. Then I pulled out the starter relay that someone has installed and tested it to make sure it was working.

I tested the power to the starter motor when the key was in the 'acc', 'ignition' and 'start' position and everything seemed normal. So I put it all back together and tried to start it; this time it didn't crank over in the 'ignition' position, good sign. Then when I turned the key to 'start' it began cranking, yeah boi!

The starter cranking over was soon followed by a humungous bang, must have been all the fuel that had built up in the engine from cranking but not starting.

And now it starts fine, I've started it half a dozen times with no problems.

In other news, I put the twincam wheel in my daily KE, it is so nice to drive with. Way better than any other wheel I've driven with(which isn't many). And I discovered I had an AE82 SX Seca boot lip hiding in the boot of the car, which I'm going to use on the front of the brown KE70 as a chin spoiler, score!

Edited by rian

• 2 weeks later...

Went to move the AE82 this afternoon, and it wouldn't go. So I had to push it with flat tyres :lolcry:

Something is wrong with the starter/ignition wiring and it was doing funny things when I was trying to start it.

In other news I finished my dash cluster surround:

(It looks all wonky in the photo but I think that's just the light, I'll get a pic of it installed soon)

post-9612-0-90430700-1334225842_thumb.jpg

It holds 3 gauges and 2 LED warning lights.

And tomorrow I'm finally getting the T18 pedal box welded up so the steering column lines up properly.

Thats what I'm doing with my gauges! but I haven't quite figured it out yet how to get the gauge facing to stay in so it looks factory :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

^I used glue and then bogged around the edges.

Okay so today I received the Superpro control arm and castor rod bushes that I ordered, they're hard!

I also ordered a VL turbo (Bosch 070) EFI pump, however I couldn't find the part number for a Bosch in-tank lift pump to suit. So instead I ordered a Goss branded GE015 in-tank lift pump, which is also to suit a VL turbo.

I've never used any Goss products before, and I'm pretty sure the lift pump is made in China. However Goss is part of GUD (along with Ryco filters) so I'm assuming the pumps are of reasonable quality.

Can anyone comment on the quality of Goss fuel pumps?

And I'm going to ask my bawssss-welder friend if he can make me an alloy surge tank, which I think he already mentioned he would but I can't remember. So that should be my fuel system sorted and hopefully there won't be anything stopping me from completing the engine conversion, apart from finishing exams.

Edited by rian

^From what Ke70Dave says and what I've been reading, in-tank lift pumps seem to be the way to roll, especially if you want something quite/daily car worthy.

I can get you one if you'd like, but won't be able to give it to you until the 22nd of June. They're only like $85 from SCA or Repco, you could just pick one up locally if you couldn't be bothered waiting.

It seems that all I do is buy parts:

Lift pump, EFI pump, 6001 spigot bearing, control arm and castor rod bushes

post-9612-0-51234400-1338964746_thumb.jpg

Bosch 070 EFI pump

post-9612-0-51780800-1338964787_thumb.jpg

Goss GE015 in-tank lift pump

post-9612-0-53107200-1338964832_thumb.jpg

Size comparison

post-9612-0-59147400-1338965011_thumb.jpg

Edited by rian