Rians Ke70

rian

did you change the condensor on the dizzy? (under 10bucks brand new)

also check the poiints gap.

i think those things are about the only things you havent done ignition wise?

also make sure the coil has a nice ground, it wont work if its not grounded. (ie its physically bolted to metal)

good luck eh, its not much fun, been there a few times. you learn alot about your car very quickly when your stuck on the side of the road!

Members dont see this ad

So I got the car home! I managed to borrow my dad's car to tow it, I thought he was going camping but turns out he is leaving tomorrow and not today. So that worked out well, $103 to hire the trailer and probably $60-$70 in fuel and I got my car home!

Getting it off the trailer:

post-9612-0-67889400-1326277820_thumb.jpg

What was hiding in the boot:

post-9612-0-40221100-1326277880_thumb.jpg

Dave I swapped the entire dizzy over to another one which was working when it came out of my blue KE70, so the condensor would have been swapped when I did that. The only thing that I didn't swap was that little condensor thing that comes off the coil, the leads and the plugs(because I didn't have any to swap in). I honestly couldn't be bothered to get it running anymore as I'm pretty much going to bin that engine when it comes out lol.

Jacob that sounds awesome man! First I have to save enough money to get an engine... :sob:

Lol Jake that would have sucked. Yeah I checked out the trailer heaps before I hired it, the brake cable for the weird mechanical brake system was very slack and I needed to adjust that. The trailer brakes wouldn't have been working for the person before me if they were towing it with the cable like that.

Okay so the car is home now and I can get some shit done on it, so keen! ...but I have no money :( .

Edited by rian

No worries Reed, I'm not sure there was much that could have been done without spare parts anyway. Stupid car, I still have no Idea what's wrong with it. To be honest I haven't even looked at it since I got it home, I'm still angry at it >|

Today I purchased some pretty much brand new Otomoto 4kg/mm 200mm coilover springs + helper springs off styler (thanks man!), these will probably go into the blue KE70 as they will be comfier for daily duties. That mean's I'll be able to use the 4.9 Eibachs from the blue KE70 to build some decent coilovers for the brown KE70, win!

post-9612-0-03417400-1326455773_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-73400400-1326455801_thumb.jpg

Also finally found a T50 clutch fork, fork boot, bearing carrier and clips! Thanks to RC member Seventy, they should be on their way here now.

post-9612-0-63187100-1326456152_thumb.jpg

Edited by rian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris, I've been reading yours too, whens the conversion happening?

Yeah Will thanks for the offer, if I ever get started on this thing I'll let you know. But unfortunately I don't think that will be any time soon, I just moved house and pretty much spent/am going to spend all my money on bond, furniture and appliances. What's happening with your KE70 now that you sold all your 4A parts?

Very soon Rian, very soon indeed, just got to pull out the 4k and all its bits and pieces (Gearbox etc) and sell them off, shouldnt be too hard the engines had a decent tune, and only has 170XXX ks and ill bang it off cheap..

Heading down to brizy to pick up a fair few parts on sat, wiring loom and ecu arrived today, and I'm picking up my T50 Box tomorrow night..

can't wait to get her in, also found a guy who is willing to mod plate the engine for $80, as long as I have all the work done by a certified mechanic (Which it is) :)

My 70 is still in the garage. I'll never get rid of that car man. NEVER! Until I can find the money I'm thinking of it as a long term project. I have the S13 for kicks so for now the rolla remains dormant. I'll get it done some day.

Give me a shout whenever you need a hand. don't know how much use I'll be but many hands make light work.

Bond is a motherʞ©$ɟer. You'll get it back in the end though. So your back in the shire hey? Brisbane life get a bit monotonous?

Very soon Rian, very soon indeed, just got to pull out the 4k and all its bits and pieces (Gearbox etc) and sell them off, shouldnt be too hard the engines had a decent tune, and only has 170XXX ks and ill bang it off cheap..

Heading down to brizy to pick up a fair few parts on sat, wiring loom and ecu arrived today, and I'm picking up my T50 Box tomorrow night..

can't wait to get her in, also found a guy who is willing to mod plate the engine for $80, as long as I have all the work done by a certified mechanic (Which it is) :)

Hey Chris, if you wouldn't mind do you reckon you could let me know when youre getting rid of your 4k? It could come in handy.. Also, is the box a 4 or 5 speed?

Cheers man.

Hey Chris, if you wouldn't mind do you reckon you could let me know when youre getting rid of your 4k? It could come in handy.. Also, is the box a 4 or 5 speed?

Cheers man.

5 Speed manual bud :)

And whenever you want it, its yours haha, just got to remove it (Ill get that done this saturday night, maybe some night next week, then ill upload pics of everything, price etc etc :)

My 70 is still in the garage. I'll never get rid of that car man. NEVER! Until I can find the money I'm thinking of it as a long term project. I have the S13 for kicks so for now the rolla remains dormant. I'll get it done some day.

Give me a shout whenever you need a hand. don't know how much use I'll be but many hands make light work.

Bond is a motherʞ©$ɟer. You'll get it back in the end though. So your back in the shire hey? Brisbane life get a bit monotonous?

Good on you, I couldn't imagine selling my KE70s either.

Nah not back in the shire yet, I probably won't be for a while. I have to get settled in to this house, find housemates etc. I'm seriously over Brisbane though, there's not much to do here except go to the skatepark and it's too hot for that. Can't wait to go home and go to the beach.

BTW have you started uni yet?