April 10, 201214 yr Author comment_596619 You can have pinks for the AE82 once I've taken the engine out, deal? Okay sweet. :wink: Report
April 12, 201214 yr Author comment_596978 Went to move the AE82 this afternoon, and it wouldn't go. So I had to push it with flat tyres :lolcry: Something is wrong with the starter/ignition wiring and it was doing funny things when I was trying to start it. In other news I finished my dash cluster surround: (It looks all wonky in the photo but I think that's just the light, I'll get a pic of it installed soon) It holds 3 gauges and 2 LED warning lights. And tomorrow I'm finally getting the T18 pedal box welded up so the steering column lines up properly. Edited April 12, 201214 yr by rian Report
April 12, 201214 yr comment_596986 Nworries. I SO, SO can't wait til both of our cars are done. Cruise FTW. Track day maybe? Report
April 12, 201214 yr comment_597010 Well I'm gonna need more Corollas to come up with me. Get a little convoy going on. Report
April 13, 201214 yr comment_597066 nice guage holder thing. thats exactly what i wanted to do on mine, but got lazy. i ended up putting my warning lights (check engine and alternator charge) in the original stereo volume/tuning knob holes! yeah i was lazy. Report
April 13, 201214 yr Author comment_597140 Thanks Dave. I can understand why you didn't make one, it took so much effort. I spent like 3 days making this one, it's not really worth it. Anyway here's some pics of what I did today: Gauges installed: Switch panel finished(missing one fuse because I blew it when I was testing the circuits): Taking the pedal box out for the 2nd time :bash:: Pedal box out: Hole for clutch master: This afternoon I took the T18 pedal box around to where my friend works so we could weld on a new bracket for the steering column to bolt to, but just as we were ready to cut the bracket and weld on the new section the power went out lol. So I left it there and he said he'd do it one day after work, he's such a nice guy! Edited April 13, 201214 yr by rian Report
April 13, 201214 yr comment_597143 OHHHHH I'm liking that guage holder and chance of more been made ? I'm lazy :yes: Report
April 13, 201214 yr comment_597147 OHHHHH I'm liking that guage holder and chance of more been made ? I'm lazy :yes: Me too ;) You know you wanna make some more lol Report
April 13, 201214 yr Author comment_597160 OHHHHH I'm liking that guage holder and chance of more been made ? I'm lazy :yes: Me too ;) You know you wanna make some more lol Haha not likely! It took so long to make. If I had to do it again I would just buy a universal 3-gauge panel and screw it to the dash, cheaper, easier and probably wouldn't look too bad either. Edited April 13, 201214 yr by rian Report
April 14, 201214 yr Author comment_597315 Today me and my friend decided to finish off the pedal box, here's how that went: Original steering column mount: Steering column mount removed: New steering column mount made: My friend welding it on: I don't actually have a pic of the finished product but here's a comparison (though not a very good one) of how it sits in the car: Original pedal box (you can see the steering column pushed all the way to the right, preventing the steering column cover thingy from fitting on): Modified pedal box (now the steering column is straight, thus the steering column cover thing fits on): Edited April 14, 201214 yr by rian Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now