Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

ECU reset seems to have done the job. Purring like a kitten. Just gotta hook up the coolant hose to the throttle body to drop the revs when she warms up. Topped up the battery too.

 

See how she goes on the drive home. Still seems like there are a few tiny flat spots but the ecu might still be working its shit out.

 

Will runs a diagnostic and see how it looks still.

Time for an O2 sensor?

Edited by rian

  • Author

Well something happened. It's now like driving a different car. No jerking, no stalling, idling perfect, 10x easier to drive slow.

 

Still not starting properly but I'm just happy it is drivable, and not only that, better than its ever felt.

 

I'm not gonna complain or question about what happened as long as it stays running this good. :D

 

And the best thing is it cost nothing.

  • Author

This car is totally different now. I can't believe it.

Rewarded it with some fresh oil and coolant.

Hooked the idle coolant line up.

 

And it is starting to start properly, not all the time but most of the time.

Before this it had NEVER started first pop.

 

Da Rolla gods be shinin' mon!

 

http://youtu.be/1jX1lB4mIZI

This car is totally different now. I can't believe it.

Rewarded it with some fresh oil and coolant.

Hooked the idle coolant line up.

 

And it is starting to start properly, not all the time but most of the time.

Before this it had NEVER started first pop.

 

IIRC there's a wax-pellet system used at the throttle body & there's a tendancy for air bubbles to end up here, rendering it & its idle control based off coolant temperature useless. After changing coolant & you're running the engine with the radiator cap off to bleed out the air, have the front of the car elevated (stands, ramps, kerb etc) so that the radiator cap is the highest point in the system. This gives the best chance of removing air bubbles from the system completely, at least on an AE82, where your engine came from. :y:

 

Glad to hear she's running better, an O2 sensor would be good though. ;)

Awesome!

  • Author

Yeah, tomorrow I'm gonna bleed that idle hose, and park it outside on a slope and bleed the whole system good.

O2 sensor is on the list, I'm waiting for my viral video money to clear.

O2 sensor, finish struts/brakes. Then maybe blue plate it if there is enough left.

  • Author

Holy shit am I enjoying this car now.

 

When I first got it I was a little disappointed at the power, but now :o

 

Fuel consumption has dropped dramatically, can only imagine how much better the mileage will be with an O2 sensor.

 

Still some starting niggles but I reckon it'll be something basic, just a matter of tracking the problem down.

Not sure why, but your car makes me want to get a seventy :hammer:

  • Author

Not sure why, but your car makes me want to get a seventy :hammer:

 

Its a bit shit but fun.

 

I did this, don't judge it was an idea i did at work

 

IMAG0541.jpgIMAG0542.jpgIMAG0543.jpgIMAG0547.jpgIMAG0548.jpgIMAG0549.jpgIMAG0550.jpgIMAG0552.jpg

 

Plus Carbonboy (Luke) gets kudos from nam for the plug cover!

 

IMAG0551.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Jamesbottomtooth3.png

 

 

 

 

 

Lol nahhh, it's kind of bozo? I can dig it.

Edited by rian

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.