Sway Bars

muller

Did a quick search for some info of sway bars and i came up with nothing helpfull to me. just so i don't cop any crap for just asking forst before i actually looked.

i was just wondering if the swaybar that i have on a ke10/11 will fit onto my ke25?? :hammer:

thanks fellas.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another useful way to double check if certain items are interchangable, is to look at catalogues and compare part numbers.

Whiteline list the swaybar products for ke10-15 as a different part number to the ke25's. I think its a pretty safe bet that there is some sort of difference between the two.

Thats the "theoretical" explanation. However, they may fit in real life. Maybe other ke10-15 or ke25 owners can shed some light on the issue.

No, it won't.

My personal advice to you is to get your spring and shocks sorted before screwing with swaybars. I never ran anything other than standard swaybars on the Dwarf, and it handles fine. I have however, got a well sorted spring and shock package.

i agree with rob here. people mess round with their swaybars and end up with a little light car which either understeers or bakes the inside wheel everywhere

you really only need upgraded swaybars on one of these cars if you're doing REALLY high speed stuff, on big sweeping tracks. and in a sub-120hp car that's not likely to be something you'll be participating in

stick with stock. paint them red like nick has, and watch people go "f@$k thats a huge bar man, what brand is it?" :hammer:

stick with stock. paint them red like nick has, and watch people go "f@$k thats a huge bar man, what brand is it?" :S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats funny as man.

was just wondering about them and by the sound of it i don't need anything above standard and no way am i going to be passing the 120HP barrier anytime soon jamie. thanks people. i am still wondering about redwrd's 25 though; obviously it handles well and I'm not disputing that (11 or so years of driving as well) but in a couple of pics of it that i have it is far from flat when cornering hard. ;) don't think ill worrie about it then. save me some dollars anyway which is always good too. :P

thanks for that jamie. what shocks would you suggest as well. ive heard good things about kyb shocks and almost nothing against them with regards to performance.

50mm isnt far though?? is it?? they quite a fair way off the ground standard.

Edited by muller

kyb are very good. pedders gas are good, but stiff. i wouldn't bother with monroe, gabriel, other cheap brands. konis are nice but bring your chequebook. can't think of any others off the top of my head. kyb or pedders is all i'd use, and have used

at the top end of the scale is billstein, some of which are in-cabin adjustable, and then moving onto proflex which is rally suspension, one corner is worth more than the whole car, but you can jump the car very high :wink:

corollas weren't made to lay out. it's hard to lower one alot and still have it handle well

well seeing that I'm in bendigo that means that the prices will be ten fold that cause bendigo is dear from the minimul turnover of those parts.

hehe, rollas wernt meant to 'lay out', you have been on subsided too much :wink: at least you didnt tell me to put drop spindals under it. they do however "look" nice when there droped on there ass but thats not always a good thing for a rolla when it comes to handeling.

thanks for that sj, ill try and find a price for billstein stuff from here and see what they are worth, even though i don't actually wanna enter a big air competetion.

I run stiffer than standard swaybars, but not by a large margin. I found that it made the car at least appear to handle better (on smooth road), but it also made it a lot more snappy. But then, stiffer suspension (whether springs, shocks and/or swaybars) will make the car like that.

I've driven Rob's car, and found it to be a hell of a lot easier to drive than mine, although at the end of the day I still rather like the point-and-squirt directness of mine. But it is harder to drive, and a lot easier to completely stuff up.

Another useful way to double check if certain items are interchangable, is to look at catalogues and compare part numbers.

Whiteline list the swaybar products for ke10-15 as a different part number to the ke25's. I think its a pretty safe bet that there is some sort of difference between the two.

Thats the "theoretical" explanation. However, they may fit in real life. Maybe other ke10-15 or ke25 owners can shed some light on the issue.

How do you search for car specific items in that site? eg ke70 rear?

although at the end of the day I still rather like the point-and-squirt directness of mine. But it is harder to drive, and a lot easier to completely stuff up.

i like a car that sits flat around a corner even though it becomes a little mroe snappy as you say, but even with that the positives out weigh the negitives ??