Ke20 Corolla Ca18Det Conversion

demotorsport

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something i forgot to mention....i don't know how much truth there is too it..

but there was a rumour going around that K series crossmember + rb20 (r32 skyline) engine mounts is a bolt in for the Ca18.

another rumour was that this worked but made the engine sit quite hight...

link to rumour.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/14051-nissan-ca18sr20-det-into-ke70/page__st__30

and look i even posted in that one, in 2007!

Yeah its RB30 moounts, the intake side does match up, but the exhaust side was way off,

I have a look at this with Justin one time when he was looking into it, was a perplexed about how it apprently all works, but another member has done it,

IMO, I would not risk it, as the K mounts are deisgned for K motors, and with a CA spinning in anger, yeah could turn out a bit yuk

you could go with a remote resevoir setup on the clutch master.

you will still need the piston on the firewall, but mount the resevoir up out of the way, just make sure it is higher than the clutch masteryclinder.

this is about the only decent photo i can find.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/forum_images/TechExchange/dazecarsHydroClutch/pic7.jpg

you can see the clutch master under the brake master, and the clutch master resevoir over to the left with a pipe attached.

edit:

the VT commondore uses a remote resevoir, here is a photo

http://www.onlinebrakeparts.com.au/images/Cylinders/OBP-HCMC9640.jpg

so perhaps compare the internal diameter of that master with the S13 one, and if its pretty close use that and get a resevoir from the wreckers to attach to the master.

buy a brand new clutch master, or get a 2nd hand one reconditioned. shoulndt cost more than 100bucks total.

Edited by ke70dave

you could go with a remote resevoir setup on the clutch master.

you will still need the piston on the firewall, but mount the resevoir up out of the way, just make sure it is higher than the clutch masteryclinder.

this is about the only decent photo i can find.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/forum_images/TechExchange/dazecarsHydroClutch/pic7.jpg

you can see the clutch master under the brake master, and the clutch master resevoir over to the left with a pipe attached.

edit:

the VT commondore uses a remote resevoir, here is a photo

http://www.onlinebrakeparts.com.au/images/Cylinders/OBP-HCMC9640.jpg

so perhaps compare the internal diameter of that master with the S13 one, and if its pretty close use that and get a resevoir from the wreckers to attach to the master.

buy a brand new clutch master, or get a 2nd hand one reconditioned. shoulndt cost more than 100bucks total.

so do you think use the vt master???cause it looks like half will be in firewall and half will be out..might have better clearance using that 1.

kinda need it the shortest as possible..

also

whats a clutch pedal i can use in conjunction with the vt master cylinder?

this is my biggest worry at the moment..how I'm gonna get a clutch working..

all my mounts are done..very happy how it sits..have to make the gearbox crossmember tomorrow.

gonna use middle section of a stock s13 and weld some square tube to either side to extend to the chassis rail..plans change but this is the plan for now.

thanks guys so much..at the end ill put detailed info and pics so people in the future can do this conversion and save there money.

no matter how far back you put engine the steering hits the bracket from bellhousing to intake..so thinks thats gotta come off.

still stuck on a clutch setup..

because engine so far back to clear steering i don't think there is room unless i put master cylinder on other side of booster (on accelerator side and make some brackets and rods up..

id love to see some setups with it on the inside of car or how ever people do it with larger engine in a ke20.

Ive got a SR20 in a ke20 ,brake booster is above the passengers feet. Modified enlarged trans tunnel , customs mounts , its a bit of ʞ©$ɟing around.

i found it straight forward.

done the mounts gearbox member and tunnel in under 1 day.

had to move engine back an extra few mm to clear steering but all done now.

brake booster fit in standard location so no problem there.

just not sure about the clutch master atm.

Making mounts is straight forward, and probably the easiest bit.

Its the small things that take the time and thinking ability. clutch for example....

Oh yeh, pictures?

trust me i know.

the small things are where the money adds up too.done it all before just not a ca into a ke

funny you bring up clutch cause i still havent done it yet and would love more ideas how to go about it.

• 2 weeks later...

HAVE YOU GOT SOME PICTURES??? I'm DOING THE SAME THING, CUT DOWN AND LAID BACK THE MOUNTS ON THE K FRAME USED SUZUKI STOCKMAN MOUNTS ($50 PAIR AND AN 1/2" ADJUSTMENT IN ALL DIRECTIONS) TO ADAPT TO CA MOUNTS. HAD TO TAKE MAJORITY OF THE FIREWALL OUT TO CLEAR THE REAR OF MOTOR AND MAKE ACCESSIBLE FOR SERVICE ETC. REPLACED THE TUNNEL WITH 1.6MM SHEET SEEM WELDED ENGINE BAY, THE INLET MANIFOLD IS GOIN TO BE TOO CLOSE TO MASTER CYLINDER. GOIN TO TRY FIT A HIACE OR SOME FORM OF VAN PEDAL BOX UNDER THE DASH SO IT WILL HAVE VACCUM ASSIST AND A HYDRAULIC CLUTCH PEDAL OTHERWISE WILWOOD REVERSE MOUNT PEDALS WITH A BIAS BAR. GOIN TO TRY PUT A CUT DOWN CRUMMYDORE DIFF IN AND THE FRONT STRUT/SUSPENSION ASWELL WITH THE VT CALIPERS. THATS MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT THERE ISNT A LOT OF INFO OUT THERE....