Old Skool Corolla Vs Old Skool Mazda

ke10jr

Members dont see this ad

early mazda prices are ridiculous i really want an rx2 sedan but they are out of my price range and are only going to get more expensive :sob:

corollas never seemed too popular to modify years ago but if we got the TE series of corollas here it would be a different story and they would be worth much more

Ive been reading thru this thread on ausrotary and there was never a toyota scene like there was with the mazdas

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13713&start=140&hilit=drag+racing+80s

It's a good read covers from 80's,90's and 00's seems a whole lot less hassle and way more fun back then

Edited by wagn

Myself, my mate and his brother all had s3 blueys. One of them was spotless. All 3 of them had strange problems with indicators, every now and then they would just run the hazards on indicate. Simple fix: belt the dash just below the hazard switch. Also random problems with the idiot lights, just intermittently come on then randomly turn off some weeks later.

Oh I thought you meant electrics as in power windows etc as you said regulators, mine was just an early GX with a manual conversion.

I am still kicking myself that I never approached the people that lived across the road from me at Brassall about the RX4 they had in the carport, sat there for 6 months and the mrs rang me at work one day to tell me it was leaving on a truck, I ended up talking to them 2 months after and it was the son that owned the car, he was away in the NT and ran out of money so he sold the car, FOR $1500 :(

Yah, RX2 coupes are worth like twice as much as sedans as they're so rare. Probably rarer in Aus than R100's.

On the other hand go to the states and they have an over abundance of RX2 coupe (or 606 as they're know).... yet pretty much no RX2 sedans! Similarly RX3 coupe are pretty rare in the US, however they have genuine RX3 wagons everywhere!

Perhaps it was the engine that toyota supplied and available to most early Corollas

If they made an alloy twin cam motor with a turbo and supercharger on the side that can easily be dropped in and registered we would be up to par

Corollas are up to speed on the handling side, just the reliability of some of the toyo engines, which by all means can make heaps of power