My 2 Rt40S

kayten

ok so another update,

I have now put battery in boot and had fuel tank out and cleaned up and painted.

Waiting to find some TA22 rotors, calipers and hubs to convert the RT to disc!!! can anyone help me out??

Just about finished wiring it all up with all wiring hidden behind the guards and under the dash.

Should have alloy 3 core radiator next week and also drive shaft made up and balanced.

Getting closer to skid time hahaha

Members dont see this ad

Nice pair of RT40's, I spotted one at a local wreckers a few months back, was suprised at how solid the doors felt when opening them and how intact most of the parts were after 40+ odd years of service.

Even the daily driver looks like a headturner, how's a stock one go with keeping up with traffic?

Sick one mate!

I got my hands on one a few months back, pretty much identical to your daily, just gotta put some blocks in the rear, cut a coil or so out of the front springs and chase down some louvres! still undecided about whether or not to chuck a more substantial engine in though ae... atm its a 2speed toyoglide, which gets the perfect creep roll on down the beach! haha was thinking about putting an 18r in for a bit of extra guts though, and if i do i might have to pick your brains about your build!

post-3990-0-70885200-1329220040_thumb.jpg

Nice pair of RT40's, I spotted one at a local wreckers a few months back, was suprised at how solid the doors felt when opening them and how intact most of the parts were after 40+ odd years of service.

Even the daily driver looks like a head turner, how's a stock one go with keeping up with traffic?

Cheers dude,

The daily goes sweet as in traffic, i drive it down the highway every day 95km round trip to work and back and its all good.

Yea the doors and all panels on the daily are Overrated.

The project RT40 had a bit of rust in all doors, front 1/4s, boot and sills.

But after many hours of cut and weld its all done !!!!

Sick one mate!

I got my hands on one a few months back, pretty much identical to your daily, just gotta put some blocks in the rear, cut a coil or so out of the front springs and chase down some louvres! still undecided about whether or not to chuck a more substantial engine in though ae... atm its a 2speed toyoglide, which gets the perfect creep roll on down the beach! haha was thinking about putting an 18r in for a bit of extra guts though, and if i do i might have to pick your brains about your build!

post-3990-0-70885200-1329220040_thumb.jpg

Whats up dude,

Yea I seen your one for sale, are you in Brizzy?

Yours is a 1966 model yea?

It looks exact same color be cool to see it in person.

update

I received my shiny new alloy 3 core radiator on friday and spent all Saturday cutting and fitting it the RAT.

shouldnt have any dramas with over heating now!!!

And the bonnet just clears the radiator cap but 10mm is enough for me!!

img1354uc.jpg

img1357di.jpg

img1377f.jpg

the steel that was removed to make it fit

img1363x.jpg

img1373ui.jpg

img1371iq.jpg

img1370by.jpg

img1382h.jpg

Yea man, '66.. I'm down on the Gold Coast ae, work fifo up in central qld tho, so not home all that often! haha she just sits on the garage collecting dust :)

for sure, we'll have to organize a mini cruise in matching 'ronas.. blow some minds! haha

Yea dude keen as let me know when your around and we can catch up, soon il have 2 on the road haha then people will trip on them haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update time,

So its been ages since ive posted in here, this is due to me being lazy and also purchasing another 2 cars which I have been playing with see belwo pics.

But have recently finished wiring up everything in the RT40 so now have twin thermo fans with override switch and fuel and ignition system complete.

Just recieved my new personalised plates for the RT - RAT040 which is going to suit it nicely

Also fitted oil catch can and made a gear know out of a broken wheel cylinder.

img2142ag.jpg

img2139z.jpg

img2138es.jpg

img2137z.jpg

img2136hy.jpg

img1731kx.jpg

img1607voebt.jpg

img2141s.jpg

RX8 is the new No 1 car

img1509o.jpg

Oldschool W123 merc which I swapped my daily RT40 for.

photo0099o.jpg

which now looks like this

img2109j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Upvote 1