4Age Fwd To Rwd

Alvarado.e09

Well in general terms, the engine is wired right to the ecu, you don't need to have the right dash loom.

The interaction between the body and the engine control system is minimal. Like I said, power feeds, grounds, fuel pump, tacho wire, there arent a lot of things to connect once the 90& of the wires which should go to the motor are connected.

Thats good to know releases lots of stress.

I'm going to try and clean the engine bay and paint it so i can drop the engine in tomorrow i hope ha.

I heated and bent the Slave cylinder line straight i was very careful to not brake it. I talked to someone that makes custom lines anything you want so that makes things easy for me to move the SC to the other side.

Thanks a lot for all of your help I can wait to see your 2AZ-FE up and running.

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Okay well thats good to know. So is your harness still running in front or did you turn it around or something. Because mine is running right in front of the cam cover it covers the 4AGE on the cover if you understand what I'm saying.

This is a lot of work i have never done anything like this before I'm just looking at things a putting them together I'm pretty noob not going to lie so if i ask a dumb question I'm sorry.

Thanks for all the help guys

i don't exactly remember, but it certainly didnt cross across the front of the engine.

Doesnt all the wires sit between the fuel rail and the head?

A few wires go across the front of the engine, dizzy and a few random plugs over that side. but couldnt be mroe than 8 or 10.

I have a really big problem i need some help with. Today i tried to turn the engine over by turning the crank pulley it turned about half way and got stuck. I removed the pugs and it turned about another 15% and got stuck again.

What should i do? Will i hurt anything if i turn the crank the other way? It was a running used engine from what i was told. Also engine has no oil just found that out today to. I guess you can't have oil in it when shipped. Will no oil in the engine now hurt it? I was thinking about getting some kind of oil and spray some in the cylinders I'm not sure if thats a good idea?

Well i really need the help I'm in a hole now.

nope and nope.

don't go overboard with the oil, a few Ml. don't pour it in. just enough to lubricate the piston on the bore.

don't swing off your spanner either, if its not going to move, don't force it, but if its been shipped it might just be a little tight and oil will help it.

I guess I'm just lucky Yesterday i tried to turn the crank and it turned i didnt put oil or anything kinda weird because the night before it was imposibble to turn not unless i got stronger over night lol

I got that parts car and it has pretty much nothing other than the rear end and it doesnt even have an LSD. I'm going to put the rear end in tonight maybe if its nice out. I'm not sure if anybody needs some glass from a coupe its all good. Car is crashed in the front after I'm done with it I'm going to crush it.