4Age Fwd To Rwd

Alvarado.e09

Hey guys I'm new to the AE World and have a lot of questions and need help.

I found a SR5 Corolla Hatch for a really good price here in town thank GOD :)

Someone is selling a 4AGE FWD out of AE92 and GTS Bell-housing.

I have looked online and found some stuff and most people say its a pretty easy swap but that isn't enough for me i want to know everything.

I was looking at the FWD 4AGE the Distributor is on the Rear of the engine. Do i need to make room for this on the firewall or will it fit?

Loom and ECU I have no idea. I was reading and seen that I need a complete GTS wire harness and fuse box and Dash Cluster? NOT SURE.

I know i need to Re-plumb for the water pump.

Would a GTS Intake Manifold bolt up. I see a lot of people say they custom weld the Mani to go the other direction.

Same for Exhaust Manifold Can i use the GTS or will i have to do something custom?

GTS Fuel pump.

Will the Engine mounts from my SR5 or 4A engine work?

I feel confident that i can do this but I'm not Confident on everything working and running properly.

My biggest concern is the Wiring harness and ECU I'm a little in the dark. I don't want to install this engine and it not run at all.

Also does any one know of a 4AGE FWD to RWD DIY I looked but didnt find anything.

I'll be ordering parts within the next 2 weeks and ill post my progress up here.

Thanks in advance I appreciate the Help and Input

Members dont see this ad

...and get the engine number.

I've never been involved with it, but reading on here the inlet faces the wrong way (to the rear of RWD engine bay) so has to be turned around, and the rear dizzy hits the firewall. So cut firewall, move dizzy, or go distributorless.

LIke the 3SGE, if I was going to do it I would buy a half-cut to get everything from the original car. There are too many sensors and auxilary systems to just buy a bare motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry this has taken so long but the guy never got back to me so i guess i wont be using a FWD engine.

I have a Engine out of an MR2 that i got with the car I'm just going to have this rebuild. Should i make a new thread or post this some place else?

So I'm going to replace the pistons bearings and rings gaskets I'm not really sure what else ill need i was going to have a mechanic look at it and just order the parts.

Because this was in a MR2 not sure on the year what will i need to do about the ECU and Harness will the GTS harness and Ecu still work? Sorry I'm a noob at this stuff but i am learning fast.

I have some pictures of the engine and engine number. Please let me know

The engine number looks to be 4A 3187764 ?

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Edited by Alvarado.e09

geez you have your work cut out for you on that block.

wheres the head?

if its a MR2 engine like you say, the distributer is out the side of the head. no need to stuff around making a box in your fire wall.

better wait untill you confirm exactly what head you have before i go on...

though I'm almost certain the MR2 onyl ever came with bigport 4age's.

Edited by ke70dave

looks like more work than its worth man tbh, i probly wouldnt take it if it was free, but ive seen worse, good on you for giving it a crack certainly will be a bit of a challenge..........

could be anything

bluetop

redtop

smallport

bigport

but the engine number will tell you i guess, good luck with it bro.

OKay got the picture of the intake ports.

mailgooglecom.jpg

If the head is good is there anything i should replace on it?

I talked to a guy here in town he told me he would build the block for 450.00 if i buy the parts. He said he worked for Toyota for 10 years and has built over 700 engines so maybe this will work out .