4Age Fwd To Rwd

Alvarado.e09

So I just got my tax money in today BAM! I want to start ordering parts for this block but not really sure on what engine i need to be ordering for. If I order parts for a 4AGE will it still work on this engine. How can i tell what kind of engine it is with the engine number? The guy told me it was from a MR2 so my question is the MR2 engine and the GTS corolla engine the same

Members dont see this ad

Sam told me i should replace the Valve Steam Seals on the head.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supertech-Viton-Valve-Stem-Seals-Toyota-4AGE-16v-AE86-Corolla-1-6L-/260917612104?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbfe6ce48

I think the only thing i am missing is the water pump but not sure?

He just said i need a bolt kit because the old bolts can only be torqued once. So my question is what bolts should i replace and what can i reuse to save some cash.

your mechanic is full of shit, on some engines this is the case (torque to yeild bolts) but not on Toyota's. They determine the reusability of a bolt by checking the stretch. When they have too much stretch they get too thin and have to be replaced. This is right in the service manual if he doesn't want to listen to some random on the internet. I would trust Toyota bolts that have been used a few times over those non new non-genuine bolts that are probably chinese.

Also if you buy a gasket set they should come with valve stems.

Edited by Sam_Q

Alright thanks for the info Sam Ill just reuse my head bolts if you say its okay. The rebuild kit I'm getting has a gasket kit Ill send them a message and see if it comes with valve stem seals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1987-Toyota-Car-1587-1-6L-DOHC-L4-16V-4AGE-ENGINE-REBUILD-KIT-/270840884018?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0f5feb32

I'm the kind of guy who replaces most things while the engine is out of the car. The price of a set of new headbolts to be sure isn't much if it guarantees longevity of the motor and means i won't have to touch it again for a while.

Mind you I'm doing a 5k which is probably a bit older than your 4age but my headbolts are shagged

• Upvote 1