Ke30 Fuel Cap Leaking And Sun Visor Fitment.

FOOMAN

Has anyone else experienced their KE30 leaking fuel out the cap under cornering and stuff? I'm going with my seal is buggered so I've got a new one coming from ebay. Just wondering what anyone else has done to fix it.

Also, does anyone know how the sun visors attach up, like with bolts or clips or whatever. THIS ONE gives me no hints.

Cheers

Edited by FOOMAN

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate with the visors its just self tapping screws into the gutters of your roof, two holes on each side. Can get pics if you need.

As for the fuel cap I put a ring of gasket paper behind the rubber to tighten it up. Still can smell fuel at times especially when the tank is full but i don't know what it is..

Cheers people, I might try bend the tabs on mine as it's a locking one too. Atleast until my new one arrives.

At the moment it's so bad my whole rear panel is covered in fuel :( Been running 1/4 tank constantly trying to minimize it.

OH-KE, pictures would be greatly appreciated :) I've always loved the look of the sun visors on the ke's. And I reckon this one will match my rims perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced their KE30 leaking fuel out the cap under cornering and stuff? I'm going with my seal is buggered so I've got a new one coming from ebay. Just wondering what anyone else has done to fix it.

Never had the problem. I'd say its the rubber gasket on the cap, just needs to be tightened some how.

As for the smell, have you tried tightening the hose clamps on the filler pipe ? Have a look at the hoses on top of the tank as well. One of them is the vapour hose that goes to the charcoal box. Where the hoses are is a lock ring, the gasket on it could have perished and/or the hoses.

Never had the problem. I'd say its the rubber gasket on the cap, just needs to be tightened some how.

As for the smell, have you tried tightening the hose clamps on the filler pipe ? Have a look at the hoses on top of the tank as well. One of them is the vapour hose that goes to the charcoal box. Where the hoses are is a lock ring, the gasket on it could have perished and/or the hoses.

I'll have a look at the hoses. If said vapour hose has been removed along with the charcoal box, that would most likely contribute to the smell too wouldn't it?