Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Afc

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

I know this may be a stupid question, but I'm curios as to whether the 4AFC and 4AFE are the same motor apart from one being EFI and the other Carby.

 

If this is the case, does that mean that i can use a 4AFE rebuild kit on the 4AFC?

 

I wanna keep my AE92 seca fairly standard but the km's are over 360,000km and i wanna have a spare rebuilt motor incase this one gives way.

 

any extra info would be great :)

 

Cheers

  • 7 months later...

Pretty sure they are the same

the later model 4afe (with inlet port injection), and the fc are very similar, but would go with the engine specific rebuild kit just in case.

  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering about this as well, contacted a few eBay sellers and they said the rebuild kit from the 4A-FE would not suit the 4A-FC, I don't understand why, thought it was the same engine :osama:

  • 2 weeks later...

I just changed my engine a week ago the tanks r the same u just need fuel Pump and lines the loom for the dash and a engine loom the heads r the same depending on the gen of the 4afe the blocks r the same different water pum

I just changed my engine a week ago the tanks r the same u just need fuel Pump and lines the loom for the dash and a engine loom the heads r the same depending on the gen of the 4afe the blocks r the same different water pumps and the belts r different they run the same gearboxes and engine mounts also ur exhaust is the same just minor things changed

If you do this this way more costly you are better off buying a complete 4afe and reconditioning it. What I did is buy a complete 1993 corolla wreaked (tail gate) then re build it and buy a engine recon kit

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.