2t-gezu

NickZ

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

yep its 780x300x75 total and the core is 600.

you will have to move the side tabs of the head light bucket (the screw adjuster) down for the pipes to go through and you need to cut from the headlight hole in the front radiator support, don't do what i did on one side and start in where i though it would go and make a massive hole as i had to keep cutting till it fitted and ended up having to weld a heap back in. I uses 2.25" mandrel bends, youll find there is only a few milimeters inbetween the pipe and headlight.

If you need a pic ill take one for you.

Went to a local car show this weekend and even got a few votes :P

all the intercooler pipes have been smothed and painted, they look good gloss black.

Next problem i now have. The clutch is slipping bad already, next week ill put in a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate.

I'm still trying to get over how much power the blower has given to this motor.

Id recommend it over a turbo anyday on these motors as they do suffer from not much power down low, say before 4500rpm. the valves are huge in these motors and having low compression i found it slow.

turboing wouldnt help too much downlow as the spool time before making boost would be also later in the rev range.

the supercharger is making 4psi when you touch the throttle so lowdown power is instant as you could imagine it would give good torque and I'm getting 9psi at 6400rpm, havent pushed it anymore than that and there is no real need to.

here are a few more pics from the wekend.

blackcharger.jpg

inletpipe.jpg

enginebay.jpg

front1.jpg

atshow.jpg

Edited by NickZ

Dude...that is awesome...The front looks so menacing now :P

I think the K engines suffer from a lack of power until you get some revs into them too, that is why I love the SC setup...even with only getting 4psi at full noise....the SC made my 5K easily twice as quick. And that is without EFI and intercooler etc.

Did you do all this work yourself?