Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyre Stretch

Featured Replies

Hey guys been looking around I have a set of 13"x6.5 hotwires for my ke30 and was looking at putting a bit of stretch on them

 

I tried that tyre stretch website but couldn't really find anything decent in my size

 

Spoke to the tyre shop over the road he had a 175/50/R13 just wonderin what you guys run I don't want insane stretch just sumthin that looks a bit tidy under the guards

 

Cheers guys

Unless you have mad ofset with 6.5", i doubt you will need to stretch.

I did the same thing with a set of techno's, 6.5". Stretched 175's on them, but didnt need to.

Still looked cool though :happy:

that's a fair chunk smaller rolling diameter over standard! & no offence but unless it's CRAZY offfset the guards will swallow up the 6.5's no hassle with out resorting to stretching... which is the only reason you would do it? Moral of the story, more h3ktic wheels needed to not look stupid

Edited by rollalicious

probly gunna be hard and expensive to get stretch on 6.5 man, but post pics if you do cos it will be sick :D

  • Author

I did try that tyre stretch site

 

They sit flush with the guards I don't need to have them stretched I just like the look of a little stretch and 175 was what i was suggested I don't want push bike tyres fitted to them Just wanted other opinions

 

Normally when I get my tyres I just throw my keys at them tell them to put something that grips on them and go back to work

 

Here is how the tyres sit

dbd81ee2.jpg

  • Author

probly gunna be hard and expensive to get stretch on 6.5 man, but post pics if you do cos it will be sick :D

 

Nah only costing me $60 a tyre

just go 155/65 13 pretty cheap and will stretch if you are after that look. I had 185/60 on a 13x8 was good.

That tyre stretch site is average, I prefer using - http://www.willtheyfit.com/

 

I would go with a 175 because 155 is tiny and probably dangerous, not to mention it will look silly. But don't get 175/50 thats too small, get 175/60 or 65.

Edited by Oh-KE

Unless you have mad ofset with 6.5", i doubt you will need to stretch.

I did the same thing with a set of techno's, 6.5". Stretched 175's on them, but didnt need to.

Still looked cool though :happy:

 

That's not really stretched? Wait Til you see a 155 on an 8.5.. That's wack

  • Author

I don't mind something like this

213c76a2.jpg

 

But don't want todrive out of tyre shop on these 6_105_70_R14.jpg

  • Author

Haha haven't heard anyone say cheese cutters in a long time

 

Those 155 are ridiculous

the reality is, 6.5" wide rim isnt wide on its own.

 

to get that "look" you are going to need stupidly skinny tyres, which combined with the complete lack of tyre wall compliance (from stretching), and the fact you can only really get shitty tyres in 155 size......you will be going backwards in all aspects of car modification except for street cred in the maccas carpark.

 

6.5" is ~185mm or so.

 

so a tyre that will look good is a 185mm wide tyre, in a reasonable ratio to keep the rolling diameter the same. 185 will sit reasonably flat

 

a 195 will also fit nicely, and give you more rubber on the road without looking too "bulgy", but i dunno if you even get 195/**/R13....

Edited by ke70dave

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.