March 6, 201214 yr Author comment_588877 if it will give me enuf power and they seem easier then a ca18 it looks like I'm going with a 4age, i just need 1 near newcastle i got a new shifter today besides i just finished putting it on a diet Report
March 6, 201214 yr Author comment_588892 4AG = Win. Mwahaha :devil: you've sold me i just need to get 1 now pm me if any1 knows of any near newcastle or sydney Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588907 Your nearest import wrecker, AE86DC, For sale threads here, Boost. Anywhere people are selling engines. There are different versions of the 4AGE, have a think about which one you want and go for it. Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588928 If you know what your doin, can cost you $200 to put an SR in the car alone, Of course all those other bits, how cool its it knowing its in their Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588934 4age conversion is very easy,i did mine over easter last year. first motor wasn't so good but got another front cut for $400. i think japparts in lambton had a couple of fwd 4age corollas there. mine ended up costing me about $3000-4000 to convert. would love to turbo mine but funds aren't there at the moment. if ya need any help just send send me a message,am in newy too. this is my engine. Report
March 6, 201214 yr Author comment_588936 4age conversion is very easy,i did mine over easter last year. first motor wasn't so good but got another front cut for $400. i think japparts in lambton had a couple of fwd 4age corollas there. mine ended up costing me about $3000-4000 to convert. would love to turbo mine but funds aren't there at the moment. if ya need any help just send send me a message,am in newy too. this is my engine. thanks will check out japparts lambton will most deff need help with the conversion Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588964 other option would be to just buy something already engine converted(not necesarily 4age). could get something regoed to use as daily as well. have seen one with 4agze for $8000 and 4age's for as little as $3500. worth lookin around. and if ya ripping all that a/c dash stuff out can i have the heater core if it's any good? mine leaks... :) Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588982 yes good option. i spent 3k alone putting my 4age in my ke70. (admitedly i did it properly, bought new parts where i could) only managed to sell the entire car (with good suspension and all) for just under 4k. a shame really, but hey you never make money on cars. the next project car i do, I'm buying something that is either half finished or finished but a bit run down. and just rebuild what needs doing. Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588984 Its the best way, considering everything that was wrong with mine I have fixed for next to nothing. general maintenance and a tidy up. Apart from the panels I reckon Ive spent under $50 making it run munt. Report
March 6, 201214 yr comment_588986 I dissagree. Id prefeer to spend the money and build a car to my standard and know every nut and bolt than buy a hack job slapped together by someone with no clue and forever chasing faults. Luckily iv had a win and puchased a complete ae71 for a measly $200 for all the parts needed for a 4a conversion. Its all about shoping around and knowingthe right people. Report
March 7, 201214 yr comment_589016 Stick with either a 4age or pissed off 5k, if I was going to build a 'budget' drifter I think I'd go a pissed off 5k, then there isn't really ASMUCH need to go better brakes, maybe decent pads and slotted rotors but that's it, weld the diff and go have some fun 4age's are cheap you can pick them up for $0 - $400 depending on how long you look around, then gotta get a loom and mod that to suit, 4a rwd crossmembers and gearbox/tailshaft, cut and shut the fwd inlet manifold, gotta upgrade the fuel system, make a new exhaust, and then last but not least weld the diff, if I have missed something don't hesitate to edit the post Report
March 7, 201214 yr comment_589021 Stick with either a 4age or pissed off 5k, if I was going to build a 'budget' drifter I think I'd go a pissed off 5k, then there isn't really ASMUCH need to go better brakes, maybe decent pads and slotted rotors but that's it, weld the diff and go have some fun 4age's are cheap you can pick them up for $0 - $400 depending on how long you look around, then gotta get a loom and mod that to suit, 4a rwd crossmembers and gearbox/tailshaft, cut and shut the fwd inlet manifold, gotta upgrade the fuel system, make a new exhaust, and then last but not least weld the diff, if I have missed something don't hesitate to edit the post illest stickers Report
March 7, 201214 yr comment_589023 Stick with either a 4age or pissed off 5k, if I was going to build a 'budget' drifter I think I'd go a pissed off 5k, then there isn't really ASMUCH need to go better brakes, maybe decent pads and slotted rotors but that's it, weld the diff and go have some fun 4age's are cheap you can pick them up for $0 - $400 depending on how long you look around, then gotta get a loom and mod that to suit, 4a rwd crossmembers and gearbox/tailshaft, cut and shut the fwd inlet manifold, gotta upgrade the fuel system, make a new exhaust, and then last but not least weld the diff, if I have missed something don't hesitate to edit the post Illest stickers, flat brim and a pair of LKI sunnies. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now