Wheel Lock Nut Missing

Dippy81

Hi all,

In need of some help again, Long story short i've managed to lose my lock nut socket and now can't get my wheels off.

I have a grinding noise in the new hub and disc i installed and kinda need to get them off to see what i did wrong.

I asked two different tyre shops in town and all they said i could do was bash on a socket. (The nuts are recesed in my wheels, and it took me 2 months to track down the hub so i don't want to damage anything.)

surely someone has had the same isssue.

Members dont see this ad

depending on what kind of lock nut it is mate, there are a few ways you can do it. to start off, if they are the kind where the lock nut key sits into the nut, and it looks abit like a 4 leaf clover.....ʞ©$ɟ them off, they are the most horrible lock nut you can get. either welding a socket or a steel bar and turn it with a stilsen wrench is about all you can do with those. if the lock nut key actually fits over the lock nut like a socket, some wheel shops will actually have a special socket set that has teeth inside them. you just have to tap it on the nut the as you turn it grips onto the nut, very handy tool :) if none of these work, just find a socket with the closest size to the nut, belt it on and use a ratchet or bar to get it off.....really a prick of a job mate feel bad for ya. if you were closer i would do it for ya :P