Urgent: Flywheel Bolts

Jason

Ive got what i think to be 4 flywheel bolts for my 4age (need 8), but I'm not quite sure. What other egnine use the same bolts as the 4age so i can get them. Or do any one have any they would like to sell to me. Need them asap for engine balence.

Thanks Jason

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
Gotta be happy with that. I payed $9 each for a M18 bolt once :P never again.

holy shit. they wanna be prety good for that.

just gonna say, don't skimp on quality though cause a flywheel kinda needs to be pretty secure :y: have heard horror stories about them coming up through the trans tunnel. :P

http://www.exvitermini.com/pics/getrgo1.jpg

clutch failure on a Getrag R34 6spd = not cheap

Mind you it was making a bit more power than standard. (not GTR700 btw)

I have a suspicion that the whole "flywheel coming through the floor pan" thing is a bit of a myth unless your making LOADS of power. The only other way I recon it could happen was if you had a simultanious failure of the input shaft, clutch and flywheel bolts.

When you think about it if the flywheel bolts fail youve still got the clutch attached which will still hold onto the input shaft (which, in my case still rests in the end of the crank not the flywheel). Yes its still a fairly major failure but I don't see it flying through an alloy bellhousing with big enough hole to still have enough energy to slice through the firewall.