Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post-Update Bugs

Featured Replies

As you can see, quite a massive update. There's also a bunch of changes behind the scenes. Things might be a bit wonky for the next few days while I get everything ironed out. If you see something you'd like to bring to my attention please post it here.

 

Upgrades of note:

  • Search is now utilising the Sphinx search engine. You should find you get FAR more relevant results from your searches and much faster. Over the next few days I'll reduce/remove the search frequency limit. No more excuses ;)
  • Avatars and profile pictures have been consolidated into one with avatars replacing whatever profile picture that existed before.
  • Tonnes of things have changed with the forum software. Overall its much the same as before but there are many little tweaks which are really nice.
  • Topic title capitalisation bugs have gone (used to have things like Don'T, now it's back to being correct).

Things definitely broken at the moment:

  • Gallery, completely. Will be fixed, never fear.
  • The FAQ/wiki, completely. Will be fixed.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 91.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Had a bit of an issue with the indexing but it's working now:   http://www.rollaclub.com/board/tags/forums/QLD/

  • Gallery should be good now.

Posted Images

I think the new layout looks good, my phone struggles with it (post text is behind avatar) but that's more likely because it's a POS rather than a problem with the new RC. :yes:

  • Author

I think the new layout looks good, my phone struggles with it (post text is behind avatar) but that's more likely because it's a POS rather than a problem with the new RC. :yes:

 

Yea, there seems to be a HUGE increase in dynamic content so I can see the full version not working very well in phone browsers.

 

 

Also interesting: Auto saved posts while typing.

  • Author

Telstra, Optus and Exetel DNS records are yet to update.

 

 

Internode, TPG, iiNet, iPrimus should all be working fine on the new site.

looks the goods, well done :thumbsup:

First up, nice work, the new site sure looks purdy! :)

 

I'm getting a rendering bug where there are two squares in some posts that look like text input boxes. I'd paste in a screen dump but I can't seem to get pictures to work at all. I can email it if you PM for an address.

 

Happens in Chrome 18.0.1025.152 m on XP and the latest Safari on OS X SL.

 

It can be seen on towe001 post in the "Rollaclub Will Be Unavailable" topic in News. Post number #7.

 

No doubt there's bigger fish to fry, but I thought I'd register it :)

  • Author

Yea I've seen these too. Something to do with Facebook. I was trying to disable whatever it was at 3am last night without much success.

 

 

My new posts seem to be appending to the bottom of the page rather than below the last post using fast reply. Must have been bad cached javascript.

re "boxes" ... seem to be random .. sending capture to your hotmail addy shortly

Cool. Let me know if you want anything else viewed/tested.

 

Actually, I'm also getting my replies added to the very bottom of the page, after the add, social media links and list of members reading the forum. Is that intended? Using Chrome.

Edited by snot35

  • Author

Actually, I'm also getting my replies added to the very bottom of the page, after the add, social media links and list of members reading the forum. Is that intended? Using Chrome.

 

Definitely not intended. It seems to be a caching problem. If you do a Ctrl+F5 on this page the problem should go away. Edit: Scrap that, happening again.

 

Edit post box seems to be a problem as well (doesn't go away when the post is saved).

This is what i see using Safari on my iPhone, Haven't tried Opera or anything yet

 

IMG_2076.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.