Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

Featured Replies

  • Author

Haven't updated this in a while... Crown is not progressing like I had hoped.. though the last week or so I have got motivated to get the parts I need sorted..

 

Got my rims painted... got trim clips for the chrome trim... got underlay coming... got new seat belts made (Hemco in Ballarat rock!)... tyres and whitewalls being sorted as we speak....round fender mirrors are coming from japan.... still got to get the transmission cooler lines sorted.. and stick a battery in it... and lower it... and get the exhaust fixed up.... fit the sunvisor... fit some roof racks... put the interior back together...get club rego...

 

Won't make hanging rock sadly... but it won't be far away. Anyways some progress pics:

 

14963_10151652691119815_1036091490_n.jpg

 

15" rims.. 2 x EB falcon rims for the rear - a bit of offset to give the illusion of width... and 2 x Hyundai i30 rims on the front to make it look more narrow. They need a spacer to clear the balljoints on full droop, but should be ok. Tyres and whitewalls to come :)

 

And here is a shabby photo of one of my new seat belts.

 

IMAG0528.jpg

 

 

  • Replies 84
  • Views 145.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am sooooo ʞ©$ɟing stoked today!   I put my fuel tank back in after it was repaired and tipped some fuel in.   With the help of one of my club mates Rob (thanks Rob!!), lots of start ya bastard a

  • silverra23
    silverra23

    This thread has been very quiet due to a distinct lack of motivation on my part.   In part due to being unexcited about pulling all the door trims off so that I could fit the right hand side chrome

  • Tonight I finally lived up to my promise to Don, the previous owner of the Crown, that I would bring it down to show him when it was on the road.   He was very excited, rushing out with his camera t

Looks great adam :D can't wait to see it when its finished and take some pics :P

 

Def need to come for a cruise in it :)

 

 

See ya

 

Jimi

  • Author

I had a productive day in the shed yesterday, thanks mr public holiday :)

 

Got my transmission cooler hooked up so was able to fill her up with ATF and took her on her maiden run, driving out of the shed and up the driveway. Its probably the first time its been driven under its own steam in over 30 years.

 

I put the grille and headlights in

 

378512216097908739_31457649.png

 

Washed the dust off

 

378618494946208088_31457649.png

 

Vacuumed all the perished foam out of the car, and then started installing the seats and seat belts.

 

IMAG0531.jpg

 

Just waiting on my carpet underlay to arrive so that I can put the carpet in and then the rest of the seats.

 

Progress is good :)

  • Author

Bit more time spent in the shed today. Crawling around inside doing underlay and carpet and then fighting to get the front seat back in when its sitting much higher than it used to be thanks to underlay and carpet.

 

Cnut of job really.. reminded me why I paid the trimmer to do the Celica!!

 

Looking good though...

 

Underlay

IMAG0534.jpg

 

Front carpet and retrimmed seat

IMAG0536.jpg

 

Back of the front seat, and rear carpet. Still needs to be trimmed up some more.

IMAG0537.jpg

 

And the wheels and tyres have come together

IMG_20130201_142436.jpg

 

Not sure what I am going to do about the dash top yet.. better get thinking.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Update time

 

Thought I might try using a Japanese rising sun flag as a dash mat.. I think it will work with some tidying up

 

387357204294494532_31457649.png

 

Baby's got new shoes

 

387363684259293571_31457649.png

 

Back seat is in properly now

387371968940829140_31457649.png

 

Scored myself a old school roof rack off ebay

387401144041302711_31457649.png

 

And thanks to importmonster and yahoo japan, got myself some round fender mirrors

393074857780799757_31457649.png

 

Massive lowering job to come....

Grab some expanding foam (or some epoxy resin), V out the cracks in the dash, fill, bog, file, paint OR trim it :)

 

Those wheels are bloody bright! straight red tinter?

 

Needs some rusty steelies to go with the roofracks :D

  • Author

Not quite red tinter.. its the colour we use on our race cars at work.

 

They aren't as bright in real life.. its the filters on instagram make them pop.

  • Author

Faffing about.. put my hubcaps on... should stop the red wheel hate :)

 

397320135459301734_31457649.png

 

IMG_0659.JPG

 

and now sunvisor on too... thanks AJ :)

 

397391646991936193_31457649.png

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

This thread has been very quiet due to a distinct lack of motivation on my part.

 

In part due to being unexcited about pulling all the door trims off so that I could fit the right hand side chrome strips on. Fortunately on the weekend I got over that.

 

ta da!

 

IMG_2574.JPG

 

Door trim job was easier than i was expecting, so happy days. The one on the front guard required removing the inner guard - glad I did, the amount of dirt and leaves hiding in there was impressive. The lack of rust was also impressive, I was half thinking I would find scary stuff in there, but it was nice and clean.

 

1010644_10152020846129815_1241098530_n.jpg

 

This photo shows me trying to get her started again.. its developed a slow cranking issue in recent weeks and won't fire any more. Main power feed to the battery gets hot quickly, so I am thinking I have either an issue there, or bad earths. Any one else got any thoughts? Its weird, because it was ace a few months back, and aside from time passing nothing has changed...

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So I chased earths, power lead and rebuilt the starter. All no dice.

 

Had my mechanic come and look and he came to the same conclusion I had - something inside the engine was binding up and it had to come out.

 

Good news is he pulled it out yesterday and found the oil feed line had fallen off - back in 1982 when Don put the engine back together, he clearly hadn't done up the nut.

 

The better news is that there appears to be no damage to bearings or crank and the engine is now turning over very freely by hand. Win!!

 

Hopefully next week we might be close to being back on the road :)

Good news Adam!

Can you push for CC&D on Sunday?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.