1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

silverra23

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Now that my bathroom renos are approaching finished.. its time to get serious about the Crown.

I put it on stands today, and got the wheels off so I could get the wheel cylinders off and re-sleeved.

Turns out Don must have done the brakes at some point while it was sitting in his shed.

Front linings are brand new.

mail.google.com.jpg

Rear wheel cylinders look like they were brand new too. I am still going to take them to get sleeved as I don't imagine sitting for 20 years has done them any good.

IMAG0376.jpg

He must have put a brand new muffler on it too. It still has the part sticker on it.. and now plenty of rust!!

IMAG0378.jpg

Says Toyota Masterline on it, which is what they called the wagons in Japan I think.

I also pulled the fuel tank out while she was up in the air. As it turns out wreckers drain the old fuel from a fuel tank by putting a 30mm hole saw through the bottom of the tank :( I only worked this out when I went to put some fuel in it and it quickly ended up on the shed floor! So out she comes to be patched and welded up....

No no no :)

Hopefully my M engine will start and I won't need to consider such things.

In winning news today.. wheel cylinders didn't need resleeving. Just had seal kits put through them and they are good to go.

Dropped off radiator and fuel tank for some loving.

Progress is nice :)

long plans are pretty much "low"

crowns share the same front spring as most falcons, so will stick some superlows in the front

rears are leaf.. so that will be lowering blocks

might put shocks in it.. might leave them as they are if its not a woeful ride... trying to do it on a small budget, so don't want to get too carried away.

thought i got rid of my "building old cars demon"

but shit man,theres something about restoring an old girl to former glory.that first drive will be priceless (unless something falls off like when i first drove my old RX4)

will be keeping an eye on this thread,very envious

all the best mate,keep up the great work

I am sooooo ʞ©$ɟing stoked today!

I put my fuel tank back in after it was repaired and tipped some fuel in.

With the help of one of my club mates Rob (thanks Rob!!), lots of start ya bastard and fuel down the carb, she fired! It took the grunt of the battery out of my work ute to get it firing, but once she was going, she settled down to an almost perfect idle. I couldn't believe how good it was considering its sat for nearly 30 years!

The bypass pipe was cracked so I will need to replace that, and I need to get a top hose, since the one I got out of the Gates catalogue was no where near the right size or shape.

I also managed to get my reco radiator into it and do the thermostat, and put the brake master cylinder and wheels cylinders on and bled up the brakes.

My carpet arrived from Trufit, so its time to attack the interior too. The seats need to come out for retrimming, and I wil do the carpet while they are out.

Mechanically I want to put a transmission cooler on it, and lower it. Will replace the leads and dizzy cap too.

Cosmetically I need to work out a way to fit the chrome trims back down the side since all the stud plates have rusted away, and then put the grille back into it.

I feel like its not far away now!!

Edited by silverra23
  • Upvote 1