Spencer's Ae71 4Age

Spencer

According to the Protex catalogue, the AE86 4AGE (rwd) waterpump is the same as the AE82 4AGE (fwd) waterpump. Although the rollaclub FAQ/Wiki says they are different and it depends on which fan you are running.

Check it - http://www.rollaclub...s/Cooling_Guide

Edited by rian

Members dont see this ad

According to the Protex catalogue, the AE86 4AGE (rwd) waterpump is the same as the AE82 4AGE (fwd) waterpump. Although the rollaclub FAQ/Wiki says they are different and it depends on which fan you are running.

Check it - http://www.rollaclub...s/Cooling_Guide

Pretty sure that is correct, however it's the pulley's that have a different offset.

hey spence i found the paint codes for the mazda mps range, they have very nice paint and look so good in the sun!

velocity red, snow flake white pearl or aurora blue are nice, but I think its nice to keep it the basic original colour but with a slight twist/variation, as yours is white I'd go for the snow white pearl or crystal white pearl metallic, google the colours and check them out!

3 MPS colours:

Gen 1:

Cosmic Blue - 34M

Aurora Blue - 34J

True Red - A4A

Black Mica - 16W

Metro Grey - 36C

Gen 2:

Celestial Blue - 38J

Velocity Red - 27A

Black Mica - 16W

Aluminium Metallic - 38P

Crystal White Pearl Metallic - 34K (soon we hope)

6 MPS colours:

Velocity Red -27A

Black Mica - 16W

Titanium Grey - 30B

Snow Flake White Pearl - 25D (requires a pearl tint)

Radiant Ebony - 28W

Liquid Silver - 30S

Dad mixes paint everyday, and he says the Lexus Pearl White is an awesome colour. It's a 3-layer pearl colour too. Looks great under the sunlight.

If not white, I'd vote for another candidate: Voodoo Blue from the VE SV6/SS, and Cruze. Awesome colour. :yes:

But at the end of the day, it's your car. The colour choice is all up to you. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by JJT036

My car cock blocked me by over heating last night and pissing water through my made up water pump gasket ! I'm getting a proper gasket today tho .

When I purchased the car the guy pointed out that I should change the 1.1 bar radiator cap to a 0.9 cap .. Does that make a huge difference ?

When I purchased the car the guy pointed out that I should change the 1.1 bar radiator cap to a 0.9 cap .. Does that make a huge difference ?

Pretty sure it just means it the coolant will have a higher boiling point with the 1.1 bar cap than the 0.9 bar cap. I'm not sure that it would make that much of a difference in pressure on your cooling system.

1 bar = ~15psi

0.2 bar = ~3psi

So I guess that means a 3psi increase on your cooling system, unless I'm missing something?

I can't really see 3psi making that much of a difference on the boiling point, but it should be a bit higher than that of the 0.9 bar cap.

I'd say it's more likely you lost pressure through the leak in the water pump and the drop in pressure caused it to boil, or the fact that you lost all your coolant :o

Edited by rian

Well Reed pointed out that factory pressure for the cooling system is between 0.3-0.9 , 0.9 being max . 3 psi is quite a lot over what factory have recommend hence possible why my water pump gasket failed in the first place.

Does anyone know what rating the standard factory radiator cap is?

Edit : My fan is dismal at best , has no shroud and is about 100mm away from the back of the rad .

Cheers

Edited by Spencer

I'm hating this car right now .

It dropped all it's coolant on the way home from work yesterday because the O-ring on the rear water pump housing was dead and checked thermostat also which was dead as well . So I replaced the o-ring and left the thermostat out and put everything back . Now car won't start !! It's was very hot when I got it home yesterday and having started since . It turns over and there smell of Unburnt fuel in the engine bay . I didn't touch anything electrical or what not when taking the water pump rear housing off . I'm thinking spark plugs ?? Any suggestions ?

in colour i vote:

the stage 3 orange pearl from the ford terrortory

the blue like your mr2

or the purple from the ve commos

or an awesome red with alot of flake in it

don't go pearl white as in the sun its sexy but without sun its a gay cream.