Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Original Ke25 Coupe Deluxe

Featured Replies

To celebrate finishing uni and stepping into the real world (read: getting a full-time job), I decided to treat myself to a present. Bought it in January this year and have loved every KM driven in it!

 

It's a 1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe Deluxe in "bamboo" aka mustard yellow. Essentially original except for the wheels and a few other minor bits and pieces.

- 3K motor with 2 speed 'Toyoglide' automatic

 

When I bought it it had the following:

- Reconditioned head

- New pistons, rings, bearings, valve grind and gasket kit

- Reconditioned radiator

- Pedders shocks front and rear with stock height king springs up front

- Fatter 22mm swaybar

- Full exhaust with extractors (not loud)

 

Condition is pretty damn good for an original car of 38 years old. Has only a small amount of rust, isolated to the two front quarter panels and boot lid. There is a fair amount of minor surface rust, which isn't a problem. Interior needs the most work, when I bought it the carpet was shot, roof lining is buggered, steering wheel is average and all the seats need a re-trim (hence the nasty seat covers). Door trims appear quite good, dash is great and has a new dash pad.

 

The main issue is the 2 speed auto! What were they thinking?! Very high on my to-do list is a manual swap. Just need to track down a K40 or K50 gearbox as well as all the other bits I need and get it done ASAP!

 

Here are some pictures of just after I bought it...

 

p1030162kj.jpg

 

p1030167o.jpg

 

p1030170c.jpg

 

p1030168b.jpg

 

p1030174g.jpg

 

p1030175lr.jpg

 

p1030166pq.jpg

 

img0506ux.jpg

  • Author

Since purchase, I have done a few things, nothing much but just a few little things that needed doing (and that I couldn't help!).

 

When I bought it, the interior carpet was pretty crap.

 

p1030178y.jpg

 

10 minutes on eBay and some new plush pile moulded carpet was on its way!

 

Now I'm no craftsman, so the job isn't all that pretty but it's a million times better than it was before.

 

 

img0473sx.jpg

 

With the rest of the interior back in...

 

img0486z.jpg

 

A further 10 minutes on eBay and I couldn't help myself :D

 

img0509s.jpg

 

A quick browse on, yep you guessed it - eBay - and I had these bad boys turn up on my doorstep 5 - 10 working days later!

 

img0525v.jpg

 

Put all those together and you get this...

 

img0589za.jpg

 

img0593ue.jpg

 

Very happy with how she is shaping up at the moment. Lots more in the pipeline, but taking it slowly so I can do it right.

Edited by Hills_KE25

Looks awesome mate.

very, very nice, mate..!

subscribed

Looks very cool mate. Nice work. :y:

 

If you're going to do a manual conversion, it'll definitely be worth getting a K50 5-speed. :yes:

 

Josh :cool:

Love it! So clean! Welcome to Rollaclub mate

 

You sticking with the 3k? I find mine a little hard to keep up with normal traffic!

Great pick up mate, good to see some upgrades happening too.

 

This is one car which stands out all for the good reasons!

Wow very jelous ! love the ke25's :) was this the one on eBay not long ago ?

Looks great. Really like the wheels you have on her!

that looks delicious :D

 

I love it.

 

top job.

:rocknroll:

Brilliant !!!

 

Looks great. you've done very well with your purchase and choice of modifications.

 

Keep it simple and you'll always be winning.

 

Cheers, Scott.

Really like those fender mirrors and wheels suit her.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Looks very cool mate. Nice work. :y:

 

If you're going to do a manual conversion, it'll definitely be worth getting a K50 5-speed. :yes:

 

Josh :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys! Really happy with her so far.

 

You think the 5 speed is the way to go, mate? I'm assuming they cost a bit more? But everything else should be the same for a conversion, regardless of whether its a K40 or K50....?

  • Author

Love it! So clean! Welcome to Rollaclub mate

 

You sticking with the 3k? I find mine a little hard to keep up with normal traffic!

 

I will be sticking with it for now, don't really need much more poke for what I'll be using the car for. I know what you mean though! She is very slow, especially with the auto, but I have my turbo Soarer for when I want to keep up with traffic :lol:

 

Wow very jelous ! love the ke25's :) was this the one on eBay not long ago ?

 

I don't think it was on ebay, not sure though. I found it advertised on Carsales...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.