Ever Seen One Of These?? Hks Centrificul Clutch.

ae824ate

Hey all, stumbled across this on ebay, I've never seen one before. A HKS centrifugal/centrificul pressure plate made for (some) toyota K engines.

Anyone seen or heard of them before?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HKS-Toyota-4K-Centrifical-Pressure-Plate-/180867957718?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1c9203d6

Members dont see this ad

I can't see this being of any real benefit in a 4k. You'd have to be making batty HP to be encountering clutch slip at high RPM, and 4K's don't make batty HP.

Plus you'd be just adding reciprocating mass, so you'd need to take serious meat out of the flywheel to compensate.

Some K banger expert probably had it custom made by HKS .... :oops: ....perhaps some one with absolutely no ability to control their clutch foot on take off!!!

It most likely would have come with a plate and a throwout bearing if it was an off the shelf item.

Edited by GJM85

am i the only person curious why hks (a nissan aftermarket product group) is making clutches for toyota 4ks?

yea mate got trd cams in my rb26?

Erm... HKS make parts for everything, haven't been affiliated with Nissan, ever, to the best of my knowledge. In fact the company was started by a dude who worked for Yamaha, so if anything, closer ties with Toyota...

Sure you're not thinking of Nismo?

Edited by 7shades

Some K banger expert probably had it custom made by HKS .... :oops: ....perhaps some one with absolutely no ability to control their clutch foot on take off!!!

It most likely would have come with a plate and a throwout bearing if it was an off the shelf item.

Has zero effect on takeoff. Only works at high RPM as the weights put pressure on the springs.

Took me a while to figure that one out haha, actually thought it was centrifugally engaging for a bit, like rev the engine up, and the weights engage it. Then i figured, how do you change gears, thats pretty useless.... but i now that i have worked it out, seems even more useless.

Sure 4K isnt just the part number for a 1jz clutch or something more substantial haha??

Edited by BlueKsev
  • Upvote 1