Japanese Auctions

Members dont see this ad

Aaron from ImportMonster is a dude. Works closely with Kristian (Iron Chef Imports) who is also a dude.

I met Kristian in Japan years ago, he got me access to the auction yards, then guided me through the import process when I went over to find my Chaser.

Edited by 7shades
  • Upvote 1

Import monster is far too expensive

www.jessestreeter.com

+1 never used Importmonster but found their pricing quite high when i looked into using them

I have used Jesse a bunch of times he's awesome to deal with

I wouldnt say they are too expensive. Just ordered a pair of wheels from them because they were cheap as! Barely more than 200 bucks (everything included) for a pair of rims from japan delivered to my door. Thats pretty good!

I wouldnt say they are too expensive. Just ordered a pair of wheels from them because they were cheap as! Barely more than 200 bucks (everything included) for a pair of rims from japan delivered to my door. Thats pretty good!

Pricing may have changed since, $200ish price difference between them and streeter when i bought my wheels over.

Edited by wagn

Your complete right that It does add up, basically all the car parts I've searched via Monster including shipping to Melb (not my door in Brisbane) comes in at around the same price I can get it here (once I find them).

Though I did find some ok things for sale on yahoo auctions.

I haven't been able to work out how Jessie gets a fee for his service? does he just take a cut or fixed fee? I checked FAQ and T&C - couldn't see it tho.

Japlish is awesome - IE:

"It is trust from the acquaintance, but you dispatch with responsibility.

When there is a doubtful point, verifying beforehand from the question column, the fish you ask.

Doing, we answer in the range which is understood e.g., you verify in the acquaintance.

Furthermore, in just before end and the like because there are times when it cannot reply, we ask ahead of time."

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Not necessarily. The cost estimate you receive initially is totally dependent on the Category you choose for postage / shipping.

Even then it is just an estimate. You can't reasonably expect to know what EMS charges are going to be if having them sent airmail. If they will be going into the container, Aaron is very good at giving you a good idea of container charges if you ask directly.

I hjave bought a lot of stuff through them, big and small. In my experience cost variations have been small, as long as I have been reasonable in deciding on the appropriate category for shipping.

Rather than slag them off as you have here, why don't you contact them and find out why.