Daizys Bayside Blue Ke70

Daizy70

Hello everyone,

Well ive been on here for a while reading other peoples builds and otherstuff, and last year in october after looking for a ke70 for awhile I found a alright one and so went round and had a look, the shell looks and was told its pretty rust free, So at 15 i decided to buy it for $1400 i paid $1000 to much but i was impatient and already looked at about 8 others and this was the best i spose, Cause i didnt have my L's or anything Me and my parents went to pick it up, battery was pretty screwed but still was able to jump start it and on the way home the car stalled it on top of a hill luckily, so ofcourse dad stayed in the car and i got out and had to push it around a corner and down the hill, Dad started it and sped up so i had to sprint and jump in the car haha, we later found out the throttle wasnt fully attached and the starter motor is screwed

Anyway enough of that, The car's got a 4k and 5 speed and locked diff which is coming out while I get used to the car, Its black but painted dodgey as and can tell the original colour is red.. crappy ghetto as flaired front and rear guards, with stockies, bonnets got some stupied as scoop, The car is just missing a red light under the bonnet and it would be kit from nightrider as dad says. The interior is the worst ive ever seen its got every different colour interior it could have and cracked dash and what everything is bad inside the car.

So since ive bought the car ive been buying bits and piece's using my Maccas salary i earn :)

so now ive got plently of parts.

Plans:

Stripping it back to a bare shell and restarting

Respray Bayside blue from r34 skyline

Make all the interior match

15x8 wheels

And make a clean as street car

Theres a few new parts going on the car and i can't be bothered posting so ill you'll find out when there on, but heres some pictures of it, try not laugh :)

post-15127-0-37199700-1336304094_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-32425300-1336304179_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-99016500-1336304283_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-67467300-1336304358_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-97994000-1336304468_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-71779100-1336304562_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-26446000-1336304733_thumb.jpg

post-15127-0-75211700-1336304826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daizy70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen worse.

don't disparage KE70's any more than they already are. Pieces of crap is a term that is getting used to describe them way too much.

But that bonnet.. :o

I suggest 15x7 wheels +/- 0 offset max. with wheels that fit properly. will still sit nice and flush (see my ride)

Where are you located?

Well ive been around cars all my life and dads a diesel mechanic :) so that helps and i thought why not rebuild a ke70 there pretty basic ish and ive got a few more pictures but that will do till i get the engine and gear box out which is pretty well done

Not the best example of a ksev, but it has potential, and looks to be a good learning experience for a young driver like yourself. I wish I had gone down a similar road as you when I was your age, I would know so much more now.

• 4 weeks later...

well ive been pretty busy lately with school, work and other stuff but ive stripped the engine bay and only just stated sanding on the weekend, also went to the paint shop on the weekend to get a quote on paint and other stuff

Edited by Daizy70

• 5 months later...

hello everyone well ive finally got some spare time from sport, work and school and got some paint on and purchased more parts. Parts that are going on it at the moment are 15x8 superlites, chrome bumpers with plastic ends, madhouse lip and a few other things, and ive finished school for the year so alot more will get done over the holidays. anyway heres a picture of some colour on the car. the picture doesnt do its justice looks alot better and shinyer in person and also the photo was taken with an iphone.What do people think of the colour?

post-15127-0-05726300-1354095749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daizy70