Newbie, Looking For Advice (1988 Ae82)

From memory behind that sticker is two untapped holes.

Yep, just holes, TC models have nuts welded to the other side of that metal skin. :)

Theyre identical underneath apart from sways, shocks and front strut tower, you would change them even if you had a twin cam!

I reckon i could easily get a pov spec one to be quicker than my car for less money than ive spent on mine :P

Don't forget fuel tank, wiring loom, dash cluster, interior... :P

I'll take you up on that bet & I'll raise you I can do it cheaper than you can. :D

Edit: They have nuts, not bolts.

Edited by carbonboy

Members dont see this ad

Don't forget fuel tank, wiring loom, dash cluster, interior... :P

I'll take you up on that bet & I'll raise you I can do it cheaper than you can. :D

Well i changed the loom and wiring on mine... and interior is for soft people! :PI reckon you probably could, id be too busy spending time and money on fancy wheels to be worried about going fast :P hahaha

Also is that a challenge to get BT out running my car? ;) haha

Edited by Subaru_kid
  • Upvote 1

Well i changed the loom and wiring on mine... and interior is for soft people! :P

who needs driver comfort?

haha

i have a few more questions for you

1. where there any parts used on the ae82 as well as the ae86?

2, would ke70 struts,brakes,control arms etc be compatible to be swapped with the rear drums and stuff the ae82?

who needs driver comfort?

haha

i have a few more questions for you

1. where there any parts used on the ae82 as well as the ae86?

2, would ke70 struts,brakes,control arms etc be compatible to be swapped with the rear drums and stuff the ae82?

Drivers comfort is important, passengers, not so much. ;)

1. - What ke70dave & towe001 said, the engine block & cylinder head are about all that are the same (either 4AC or 4AGE), as well as little things like bulbs, fuses. Wiring looms would differ too.

2. - I doubt it very much, though why would you want to put an older cars front suspension into the rear of a newer car?

There's no guarantee of the top hats fitting/being able to be swapped over, nor the KE70 shocks mounting to the AE82 rear hub. I don't know the size of KE70 front brakes, but AE82 TC's have 242mm solid rear discs. That & they're a different stud pattern (4 x 114.3mm vs 4 x 100mm, pretty sure the centre bore size is different as well? 54mm for AE82's)

I reckon you probably could, id be too busy spending time and money on fancy wheels to be worried about going fast :P hahaha

Also is that a challenge to get BT out running my car? ;) haha

Mayyyyyybe.

Edit: Speeling

Edited by carbonboy
  • Upvote 1

Driver comfort for me is feeling confident i can go around a corner and not moving in my seat. Comfort for me is stiff suspension because i know it will respond when i turn my wheel instantly.

And passengers? Currently i only have just the drivers seat in the car!! LOL

each to their own.

thats dodgier than what i have seen before! hahahaha

Worst I have seen is a plastic garden chair with the legs snapped off and tack screwed into an old army tool box, which was also tack screwed to the floor hahaha

we should put up a thread of dodgiest stuff instead of going off topic in here.... ;)

Thanks for all the advice guys, it has really put me on a way to go with this car (witch seems to be nowhere lawl)

so atm it going to be

1. get roadworthy

2. find a twin camm use as a donor car

3. get a 4-age put it in.

4. buy a new car and put the 4-age in that

Being your first car, so i'd say you're on either your learner or P's.

So my idea would be to start off with choice number one, get the driving experience under your belt

and than progress to choice number two.

Or progress onto choice number five and sell the car and find a real twin cam.