73 Ke20

flyinwall

ok I'm really concidering quad carbs for my 20 and i m wondering what it costs to get motorbike carbs set up n a 4k with a 3k bigport head (as i have one here ready to go, with an unknown cam (how do i find out what cam it has)) i know carb costs can vary but what would t cost to get the bike carbs set up and running??? i might have someone who could make up a manifold for me, bur what would it cost in other parts and tuning???

Hey man, if you check out my ride thread I am also looking into it and have got some handy information from other members, scored a set of Mikuni carbs off a FZR1000 to go on my 12R engine.

If you jump on eBay and write in Mikuni Carby it will give you an idea on what your looking at carb and filters wise. I don't think manifold will be very expensive, it's really cutting plates the shape of your inlet manifold gasket and welding tubes on them to go to the carbies (no one makes manifolds for the 12R either).

From what I've found out (Glenpos - a member has been a big help in my research) tuning is a bit tricky but when sorted is easy and you will have to customise something if you want a choke, which would be ideal.

You should be able to use something like brake cable to run to your existing linkage.

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

thanks for the pics Zowie

i got some ke20 engine mounts today as well so i might go out in the shed later and put them on

and i also got the missing fuel filler cover and drivers side air vent as well

and... i also will be getting a good guard and this and possibly some other things that i need to finish it off as well

I really enjoy that green. looks good man

EDIT: haha tripped out when i saw my name there. i still got this quad carby kit if you want it man, not gunna hijack ya thread but got screwed around by the previous buyer pretty good.

Edited by RainWarriorDregs