swampgarage

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'll add some in the next day or so. It was a practice/driver training day, but we took this thing, an 86 and a celsior and went absolutely nuts. The celsior was the star attraction. Not only did it tow the ke70 to the track, it got on the track and did this

celsiordrift.jpg

It then towed the ke70 100km home again in complete luxury.

• 3 weeks later...

In its quest to contain a part from every 80's toyota created, our ke70 has now assimilated a supra.

OFQrU.jpg

Seats from a derelict MA61, seen here in hipstervision. Front two bolts line up, but for the rear I had to get creative with bits of flat bar. Looks dodgy but feels solid enough. Tomorrow it goes to its first car show, the Cairns Auto Spectacular. They have a small time trial event, so we're taking this and my ae86 coupe. It should surprise a few people.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the car show time trial was a disaster. Car went out and crashed straight into a barrier. Rear brakes were locking and fronts weren't doing anything. Spend most of the time replacing and bleeding the brake system on the side of the track. Couldn't get them working so sent it to a brake shop. They said the front right calliper bracket was bent. Must have been damaged in the crash that destroyed the donor 86. Replaced that and the pads and it worked great again.

So last weekend we made the 1200 km round-trip to compete in a mixed khanacross in Proserpine. Two days of racing, one on dirt, the other on the new bitumen kart/bike/drift circuit. Was a really fun weekend. We beat all but a clubman on the bitumen but are far less experienced the dirt. I managed to get a 3rd outright and 3rd in <1600cc class.

DSC_7457.jpg

DSC_7493.jpg

DSC_7623_Snapseed.jpg

DSC_7631_Snapseed.jpg