January 23, 200620 yr comment_97424 Hello, we're going to build a 4k engine to use in a kp61 starlet. but since there is noone that sells cams for the 4k engine here in norway, I wondered about if any of you had a new / second hand cam I could buy? or a email adress to a shop that sells new cams in australia? we also need some valve springs to suit, I've read that it's possible to use springs from a chevy engine? but which of them should I start looking at? the engine is going to be around 100hp+, and we're using a weber 32/36... any suggestions? :( I also need a extractor / header, but I don't know if any of you can help because of the very little clearance due to the steering linkage.. :) Report
January 31, 200620 yr comment_99024 A bloke who used to work for toyota told me the racing F3000 K-engines used Cooper S inner valve springs in addition to the corolla ones... Report
February 14, 200620 yr Author comment_102020 got the valve springs today.. not dual.. but triple :P Report
February 15, 200620 yr comment_102073 got the valve springs today..not dual.. but triple :P Are they the ones they list for the 4K engine or are they off something else. Report
February 15, 200620 yr comment_102093 Ahahah Triple valve springs for a k motor :P :P that pooor lil k is going to be going "grahhhh" each time its gota open one of those biarches ! Report
February 15, 200620 yr Author comment_102177 Are they the ones they list for the 4K engine or are they off something else. they are for 3k/4k engine.. also got a head gasket from ebay but it seems it was for 84mm bore :P Report
February 16, 200620 yr Author comment_102254 nope, 84mm would be too much :P we're gonna use a 4k or 5k block with a 4k or 3k bigport head so.. 5k has dished pistons, that means we had to get new pistons.. any suggestion what we could use? 4age pistons if we bore it to 81mm? 1S pistons = 80.5mm bore or 4k block using 77mm bore with 1gge piston and conrods? currently looking at a 280 degrees camshaft.. want peak power at 7500 - 8000.. Report
February 16, 200620 yr comment_102258 they are for 3k/4k engine..also got a head gasket from ebay but it seems it was for 84mm bore :P They only list them for 84mm bores,maybe can get one to suit 80,81 mm bore. nope, 84mm would be too much :P we're gonna use a 4k or 5k block with a 4k or 3k bigport head so.. 5k has dished pistons, that means we had to get new pistons.. any suggestion what we could use? 4age pistons if we bore it to 81mm? 1S pistons = 80.5mm bore or 4k block using 77mm bore with 1gge piston and conrods? currently looking at a 280 degrees camshaft.. want peak power at 7500 - 8000.. So if you use the late model 5K pistons,the ones that don't have the chamber in them, what comp ratio will you have with the 3K,4K head. Report
February 18, 200620 yr comment_102638 this is gonna be an interesting beast, can't wait to see the results. Report
April 11, 200620 yr comment_112116 sorry to dig up an old thread but i've got a few q's. firstly how much were those valve springs? and were did you get them from? same for the head gasket? that looks like a copper head gasket though. I though you couldn't use them in any engine that has cast block / alloy head as the metals have different expansion rates?? :) Report
April 12, 200620 yr Author comment_112193 sorry to dig up an old thread but i've got a few q's. firstly how much were those valve springs? and were did you get them from? same for the head gasket? that looks like a copper head gasket though. I though you couldn't use them in any engine that has cast block / alloy head as the metals have different expansion rates?? :) I don't remember the price, but they was cheap.. got both of them from ebay, the guy that sold them did use 4k engines in small racing boats I'll see if I can find some pictures of it later.. we are not gonna use the head gasket because it's 84mm bore.. alittle too much hehe I've never heard of that problem with copper gasket you're discribing before.. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now