Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ummmm..... No.

That engine would definitely have more stick than a 4A. A 4A woukd also have not tolerated the "spirited driving" that this engine has put up with.

ok my bad, just heard stories of people pouring money into k engines and not getting much if any benifit over a 4age, could be wrong tho, youve done it so you would know lol

Psi, kph, either one will do

hehe ok, which did you mean tho? coz my stock 4k ke70 hits 150 given enough encouragement, and no not just flat footing it along highway, twisty backroads with nice straight bits, dam fun private road, just so bad for fuel economy :y: lol

Edited by love ke70

Hey! I resemmble that remark!

LOL! but your car was built to conform with motorsport regulations. :P different story.

i'd love to see a stock 4A waste falcadores like my old 4k (which owed me less than $400) did in my ke15. :y: similar performance to a 4age ke30.

lol my mistake, 4a-c's are dead to me :y:

when i say 4a, I'm thinking 4age, of course the worked 4k will crap all over the 4ac, a stock 4k isnt far behind a 4ac from what ive seen in power numbers

red, i wasnt thinking of your particular circumstance where you have to work within certain limitations, i was more thinking of people on the street driving dailies, that may look at going bonkers on a 4k, when they would get much better results from a conversion and mild work. my opinion anyway :P

felix, what had you done to that 4k? coz a ke15 isnt that much heavier than a ke30 is it? you must have done some good work?

Edited by love ke70

hmm

so whats required in a bottom end rebuild?

will look around some wreckers and private sellers, see if i can find a half decent 4k block.

got a 3k bigport head now, will get my inlet manifold port matched for the weber, and the head..,

just wondering, is it fine to grind all the shit thats around all the oil holes and water holes in the head with a small sanding bit ina drill?,

interesting teddy...why didnt they just get a 5k?

and i spose you can turn a 5k into a 7k if u try?

because a 5k at the time was $1200, a 4k block and a set of pistons, f@$k all.

the rebore $110 because it had to be bored 5.5mm, and 7k's weren't made then.

and no you can't turn a 5k into a 7k.

different crank,rods,block and pistons.

Edited by TRD ke70

because a 5k at the time was $1200, a 4k block and a set of pistons, f@$k all.

the rebore $110 because it had to be bored 5.5mm, and 7k's weren't made then.

that makes sense :y:

and no you can turn a 5k into a 7k.

different crank,rods,block and pistons

no you can, I'm guessing u mean can't?

i wasnt talking exact same as a 7k, more just that it could be bored and stroked to a similar cubic capacity, yes?

TRD KE70 I think you've got it wrong.

Basically a Kmotor is a Kmotor.

The block and heads in principle are all

the same. You can bore a 3/4k out to 5k

then stroke it to 7k.

I have spent just over 2grand on building

up the 7k and hope to get 95 to 100kw

I don't know how the 7k goes as far as

regulations but as it is just a modified Kmotor

it may get around some of the problems.

hmmm... 3/4k bored out to a 5k = not much meat left in side walls.. then going and stroking it out to a 1.8 - faarkkk

Something tells me that its going to blow up somewhat easily, if the compression is anything substantial ? Just in common sence, a 3k block most likely wasnt designed to have close to 1800 cc's of puch flowing through it.. a bit over the factory 1200 cc spec :P

Besides, throw enough money at any motor, and crazy results will start to "appear" :P

A dime to the first person who makes a 7k from a 3k ! I Demand photos :y:

sponsor me and ill do it :y:

i wasnt of thinking of that tho, was tryna prove the point that starting with a good base is most important, like if your going to spend alota money on an engine and your boring it out, why not go the the 5k, then when you have a 5k and you're gonna bore or stroke that, why not just get the 7k, and then when you look at the price of a 7k, why not go a 4age. coz then you'll have a better platform, and youve probably spent about the same amount doing the 4a conversion as you would in building a off its tits 4k which prob has little benefit over the 4age, and is on its breaking point

thats how i see it anyway :P

and this is when your not restricted by afore mentioned regualtions for rallying etc.. :P

Edited by love ke70

felix, what had you done to that 4k? coz a ke15 isnt that much heavier than a ke30 is it? you must have done some good work?

a ke30 is around 20% heavier than a ke15. normal ke15's weigh 715kg.

my old 4k (which was a late dished piston version) i got for free. it was a low kay jap import engine in perfect condition. i simply added a few reliability mods...shimmed oil pump bypass spring and double row timing chain. i shimmed valve springs to let it rev harder. let it breathe better at higher revs with minor porting, and bowl work . i had the head skimmed to up the standard compression from 9.5:1 to 9.8:1 and a 3 angle valve job. added a reground cam selected for the broadest possible power band with peak HP at around 7500 rpm.

the car had pacemaker 4 into 1's and a 1 7/8" system. i also ran a 28/36 DCD weber which provides better drivability, economy, tunability, and way more power than stock. the dizzy was a recurved bosch item.

nothing fancy, just a good overall balanced package with more time than money put into it. it gave 35mpg and was quicker than your average 6 falcadore in a light ke15.