Another 4Age Ke20

crunk81us

Always wanted a ke20 with a 4age..

so i bought this: (I removed fwd accesories, gearbox,)Picture006.jpg

and this: (Removed guards, bonnet, Pulled 3k and box out, labelled cables, degreased and moved everything out of the way of my bigger donk)

Picture.jpg

Pulled the clutch off, almost new exedy,

Picture009.jpg

installed spigot bearing

Picture008.jpg

Picture016.jpg

removed wiring loom, manifolds and started nutting out the weirdo cooling system

Picture033.jpg

Members dont see this ad

So I am attempting to use as much of the original bits as i can to keep costs down.

I have modified the fwd themostat housing to fit just in front of where the engine mounts should be.

fwd water pipes:

Picture044.jpg

cut flanges

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

cut original rubber hoses, dummy mount thermostat housing. had to spin the lower radiator hose section 180 degrees

Picture048.jpg

Edited by crunk81us
  • Upvote 1

I was thinking of doing the same with the with the cooling system, looks like it is a simple solution.

Keep the pics coming i want to see how it all fits up.

Also how / what are you using for Engine mounts?

Edited by Gizzys25

• 3 months later...

Picked up a T40 from a 4ac rwd for the bellhousing, and a ta22 celica with t50 for the box and the hydraulic clutch. From my research it appears i might be able to use the original tailshaft without mods.... until i destroy the diff ;)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by crunk81us

Ok so I have pulled the t50 from celica, fitted it to the bellhousing from 4ac, cleaned it all and fitted it to engine.

Had some issues with the clutch fork and throwout bearing. I ended up with the fork and bearing from the celica and the slave cylinder from fwd box.

I had to cut the end off the fork and weld a new end on. It appears to work, but i guess i wont be sure until its test day.

Engine is in!

Thanks to Jordan for the engine and gearbox mounts! they were pretty much perfect..

everything worked as planned. The TA22 celica gearbox slid onto the original tailshaft, the shifter came thru the original hole in the floor. just perfect.

Still have wiring, clutch master, fuel lines/pump etc, to do but the initial test drive is within sight!

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg