4Age Into Ke70 How Do I Make It Legal ?

bumblebee

Hi I'm new to this forum and looking at buying a ke70 with a 4age conversion and as far as i can tell it is going to need some kind of permit because of the power increase being greater than 20% I'm in W.A and want to know if anyone can give me an idea of what i would need to do, the parents wont let me get it unless it will be easy enough to make it legal.

Thanks for any advice

Ben

Members dont see this ad

Yah.

You're changing to an entirely different engine. Even though it's the same family and capacity you still have to.

Power increase and also probably because of injection change.

Go for t18 struts and brakes in the front, and t18 diff if you're going to get it engineered.

As i'm not sure if you could pass it with stock brakes, either way they're tiny and you'll want to change them anyway

• 4 weeks later...

whot i mean is, if he has a ae71 the stock block number starts with 4xxxxxxxx and on a 4age motor it is the same starts with 4xxxxxxx,wen you take it for a blue slip 'nsw' and they pick up that you have a twin cam in a ae71 just tell them you fitted the head and the motor is still a stock ae71 motor. have googled a few times and it comes up with this comment.il know soon if it workes or not.

mmm there is kinda a loop hole you can take advantage of being a ae71 in NSW. Unsure of laws in WA, be them similar or disimilar, but basically, the car is remaining the same capacity, therefore arguably does not require engineering. You can get the engine number changed pretty easily (which i have done in my car), as like you mention the engine numbers do not so much indicate whether it is an original motor being so similar.

So whilst legally it may not be 100%, if you change the numbers, when a cop pulls you over, which I have done, and everything checks out, unless hes a mechanic in his past life, and he knows its not the right motor, chances are you'll get away with it..

Having said that, if you keep the car clean, and the install cleaner, you may never have a problem at all.

changes where the capacity increase is less then 15% above the max sized engine available for the car.so the motor is still a 1.6 and the motor is a bolt in no mods needed to bolt motor into the car. stock mounts no cutting needed,this is straight out of the nsw.gov.au for cars under 4.5tones.

allso this site tells me i can run the 18" mags i have on my ae71 in nsw legal.will look into it more tho lol