4Age Into Ke70 How Do I Make It Legal ?

bumblebee

if you keep the car clean, and the install cleaner, you may never have a problem at all.

Big fat affirmative on that there. I'm on my red P's and am still yet to be pulled over by police, even for an RBT.

Keep it reasonably clean with no visible blemishes on the outside, keep the stocko rims (or some nice mags), keep it at standard height, get a good muffler, don't drive like a dickhead, and for god's sake don't wear your hat backwards-sideways and you'll get away with a 1UZ.

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad

The only thing with putting a 4AGE head on the standard 4AC block is that the flycuts in the pistons will be different, so change the pistons and you should be alright, but from what i know the VIN/Compliance plates for early Rolla's don't have the engine number stamped on them, so change the whole engine anyway as the block still has the 4A***** and then you could just say that you've changed the head!

I was chatting to these police last night that pulled me and a mate over for a full rundown (making it my second time, god damnit), and one of them has been in the force for 30 years so I picked the fvck out of his brains while we waited for my mate to get his ticket.

He said the only law was that you can't exceed 210 (that's right, as of last year) kilowatts on a N/A engine. I asked him if I could put a 4A-GE into my KE70 with or without a mod plate and he just looked at me blankly for a moment then said "I don't think I'm getting through to you. You can drive any vehicle upto 210kW so long as it doesn't have a hair dryer or a blower on it".

He had a good long rant about our fvcked up law system (such as the maximum decibel limit for a 911 Porsche being about 15 times that of a Toyota Aurion), and outlined just how vague it is when looking at cars.

I don't know how true this is, as I've found conflicting information from other sources, but I can't help but trust the wisdom of a man who's been doing something for three decades.

..all you need is an engineers certificate to make it legally registered and sort out if you can drive it with your local transport authority dunno about WA since I'm in vic, but you need to pass with the engineers cert, find a good one and hell tell you what needs to be done to the car.....ive heard if you stack into another car without having a engineers cert done on the car you can be left extremly out of pocket ......thats my 2 cents just to make ya paranoid as ʞ©$ɟ ;) hahah

Yeah QLD laws aren't that great, matter of the fact is they're all pretty ʞ©$ɟed. Especially all this new bullshit in QLD about getting an exemption for driving some turbo and supercharged cars.

Exactly what my mate did. He's on his green P's and got an exemption to drive his SR20DET 180SX. Said it was a piece of piss to get too.

All this talk about vague & forgiving laws and exemptions has got me thinking about twinkies...

• 2 months later...