Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra28 Celica Hillclimb Special

Featured Replies

Name: Daniel

 

Car: RA28 Celica

 

Engine: 18r

 

Intake: 32/36 weber

 

Exhaust: extractors

 

Driveline: W50

 

Suspension: FRONT: cut stock springs, munroe shocks, 24mm swaybar REAR: peders lowered springs, muroe shocks, 18mm swaybar

 

Brakes: RA40 booster & master cylinder FRONT: stock disks

REAR: Stock drum

 

Wheels & Tyres:

 

Interior: stripped with SAAS race seat, SAAS dished sports steering wheel

 

Body:

 

Stereo: none

 

Other:

 

Not a corolla but hey theres coronas and crowns so why not a celica to, anyway after all my previous atempts to build club racer were foiled either by excessive rust or my mates offering me cash and buying them off me I'm goin to try stick to this one. At the moment its got a stock 18rc that aparently doesnt run so i brought a RA40 donor car to give up its motor and gearbox and what ever else i need. later I plan to find an 18rg but we'l cross that bridge when we get to it. When I got her back to home base the interior was stripped and turfed as its was ripped, cracked, water logged or insect infested and chucked my mates 14x8 neils wheels on so I could sell the discusting ones it came with so thats were I'm at so far. Now for some pics

 

post-13467-0-54299400-1341569091_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-22584800-1341569209_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-71781500-1341569287_thumb.jpg

Edited by dpb

  • Replies 30
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Always had a soft spot for them and this one was crazy cheap and only minor rust

Posted Images

  • Author

Always had a soft spot for them and this one was crazy cheap and only minor rust

god i love these things, should be awesome!!

There is a long list of things I would be willing to do to get one of these cars. Congrats on finding yours. Interesting choice of car for a hill climb car too.

  • Author

Its no wrx but I just want to go have fun without having to worry about the po-po and I can't think of anythin better than a cammed and twin carb'd engine on song in the hills :) should be fun just have to recover from moving sheds and make some space to work on her lol

Well if it was a WRX I wouldn't be willing to do any list of things to get one and I wouldn't be following the thread. I can see 20 or 30 of them a day just on my drive to work. The last time I saw one of these on my drive to work........ sheesh........ probably a couple of years at least.

  • Author

A mate of mine just broght a ke30 coupe off some drugo that aparently has 2 ra28s In his back yard rotting so mite get onto him and get some spairs

The minuature Mustang!

 

Should be good fun, and will attract attention when you take it out. Everyone loves these things!

SA/VIC seem to be the storage place for anything old!

 

Old holdens/fords/toyota stuff all seems to be down that way!

  • Author

Yeh just gota know were to look :)

I like your plans. Great base for a good club car.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

pulled the stuffed 18R and auto out today and picked up some beefier sway bars off ebay to start on suspension upgrades along with some new bushes

 

post-13467-0-69387600-1342956832_thumb.jpg

 

post-13467-0-14879800-1342956862_thumb.jpg

Looking good mate :) Looks like she will be a beast ;)

 

 

See ya

 

Jimi

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.